Vaginal atrophy from estrogen loss from autonomic damage OR is it just autonomic damage-nerve loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi had a severe med reaction to nystatin oral suspension in May and with in days burning through my body, vaginal bleeding and changes, and difficulty passing stool then stool. Could not breath and had high bp burning throat mouth. Seemed like after autonomic nerve damage I had muscle wasting rapidly in whole body but also in bowel bladder and vagina. Also dental break down. Anyone else have estrogen changes and vaginal atrophy -loss of vaginal wall and outer labia half the size and no muscle? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I should have added I have all the POTS symptoms too and bone joint paint and have degenerated rapidly since May. Muscle on legs and body no longer responds to exercise
  • Posted

Hi melissa

I have dysautonomia, vasal vagus type, with POTS, however, my type of dysautonomia does not cause degeneration.   What types have you actually been diagnosed with??  Nerve damage caused by dysautonomia takes many years to happen, and initially you do recover from it, but, there is a type that you dont recover from, and its degenerative and progressive, so, my question has to be which type do you have?? Dysautonomia is an umbrella term for a malfunctioning sympathetic, and parasympatheic nervous systems, but there are many different forms of it, and some can be fatal.    Dysautonomia does affect hormones, but it normally creates too much oestrogen not less.

• Posted

Thanks for writing. Mine was sudden from med reaction..I dont know type..just that its more than pots. A lot of damage must have been done to ans. I wonder if more than my ans... neuro going to try me on more steroids. They didnt work last time but this is last resort then ivig....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.