Vaginal Bleeding After Sex

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have been experiencing some vaginal bleeding after sex. The first time is was only a few spots or so but this time it was quite a lot more. I had a smear test on Monday but the results can take 6-8 weeks and I am really not wanting to wait this long if it could turn out to be cervical cancer. Has anyone else ever experienced this and what’s the best way to go about it. Thanks xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, you don't say how old you are or if you have passed the menopause, but assuming you have, then you sound as if you have Vaginal Atrophy.  I may be wrong though so best to wait for the results of your smear test.  If it is VA then it can be treated.  I am on Vagifem, small pessary every 5 nights, minuscule amount of oestrogen so no risk, that sorted me out.  There are other treatments as well, best to discuss with your doctor after your test results.   Hope all will be well with you.

Elsie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.