Vaginal Bumps

Posted , 4 users are following.

I noticed these bumps about 10 days ago. I am 19 and not sexually active but these look quite scary. The GYN gave me antifungal medication but these don't seem to go away. I have slight burning sensation too.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

There is no photo (click/tap on the icon of mountains with a moon in the top right of the reply box to upload a picture). It could just be vestibular papillomastosis. Google that and have a look at the images and see if they look like what you have got. Lot of women have posted pictures of vestibular papillomastosis and they are very worried but it I still nothing to worry about. It is a type of harmless benign tumour. I am baffled why gynochologists treat it as an infection. I have a couple of such bumps and asked my dermatology consultant about them (I was seeing her at the time for vulvodynia, she is a vulvar conditions expert) and she said they were perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. They are not usually treated or removed because they are harmless and cannot be spread by sexual intercourse. Men also get them around the head of the penis and they care called pearly papules. Is it possible the burning you feel I should from the antifungal cream? That burns me. 
  • Posted

I googled the condition. It looks similar but still have my doubts. I have not been able to attach the pic for some reason. Is there any other way to upload a picture. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.