Vaginal bumps, negative swab for HSV. What is this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

image Hi, I am beating my head. Last month I had a fissure and bump that got swabbed and came back negative for HSV. I got treated for yeast and BV. All other STD panel came back negative. This bump appeared yesterday. It is itchy and uncomfortable. I've gone twice to doc and they have literally talked me out of having herpes because somehow I was convinced that I did based on the clinical symptoms I was having. DOC even pulled her literature book to prove it wasnt. I really need answers please! I have to know!! PLEASE HELP! Going again this week for a third time!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

did you take any blood test?

• Posted

No, I get cold sores in the mouth so I will teat positive for the antibodies. I did go to the doc yesterday and was told that it was not herpes. She swabbed it at my request. Should I get a blood test? I thought the gold standard was through a swab?

• Posted

if nothing is showing up in swabs then you should probably ask for a blood test . it has to be something thats causing it . It might even be an allergic reaction to something but if you want to rule out everything do every test so that you can be at ease

• Posted

did you ever get an answer i have one similar to this but on my labia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.