Vaginal burning

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have come across this site found great great to no others out there..would like to ask if anyone had same problem as me and have any suggestions..August this year had hot burning vulva feeling like sunburn constant loo visits doc visit .stating have thrush then 2 weeks on thrush treatment no improvement ..then thought try dalacin cream for a week with some improvement..swab then came back glabrata so then on 2 weeks boric acid pessary..got rid of glabrata but still burning..no discharge. No pain no bleeding ..weeing now eased..then just finished two weeks on ovestin cream after trip to gyno now down to maintenence x2 week but still dam burning..ice packs calamine spray only thing that gives me relief..tried every single moisture creams aci/ vagisil and lots of others tried oils everything at my wit's end..back to gyno in 2 weeks..pap smear was good..If i am lucky i might get a day in weekend no burning any help ideas be greatly appreciated...

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

From above 56 and on hrt for 4 years on premis which works great..
  • Posted

Try to use fragrance free and parabin free products. Shower gel like Sanex0, don't use strong shampoo use a fragrance free one wash your hair so shampoo does not drip down your body. Wash underwear in products for sensitive skin. Find sanitary wear for allergy sufferers if you can.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Barbara but tried all above and even more lol you name it..i think sounds like a menapause thing and something we just have to deal with when u read other peoples experiences
  • Posted

Have you tried to visit a vulva dermatologist? They deal with the skin on vulva more in depth than a gynaecologist

They can do an iodine test and see if any areas to biopsy and see what the problem is. Sometimes you can't see the problem to the naked eye.

Good luck

• Posted

No havent good thought I will try anything thanks for that..will look into it..

• Posted

Hi you found just like me now my gynecologist has referred me to a dermatologist still eating for appointment to come I'm at my wits end I can't stand even my underwear touching me anymore can't get comfortable in any clothing if I was you I would get your doctor to refer you to a dermatologist

• Posted

I hear you lol drives you insane i would cut it if i could but i know the consequences lol now going to get onto a dermatologist its been a good suggestion thank u probably like u Gillian i have tried everything no relief..
  • Posted

Not to want to sound like a broken record here, but ... it could be Nightshade sensitivity.  Try cutting out the nightshade foods in your diet for a couple of weeks.  These are potatoes, tomatoes, chilli, capsicum (aka bell peppers) paprika, goji berries, eggplant (aka aubergine).  If in two weeks this hasn't helped, then you at least know that it's not Nightshade sensitivity.  If it does help, then you just have to avoid those foods.  Also, try taking an antihistamine, this has helped my Nightshade sensitivity when I accidentally eat one of the above (since it's difficult to avoid things like potatoes and tomatoes).  My symptoms only return when I eat any of these foods; I suffered through seven years of hell and no help from doctors until I worked out what was causing it. 

Good luck!

Minamii

• Posted

Thanks for that greatt help will try cutting those foods out thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.