Vaginal burning

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about a month ago I was diagnosed with BV. They prescribed me flagyl and then I got a YI from it. Then I was prescribed terconazole. Still burning. I then went to a different gyno where they took a swab and there was no yeast or bacteria from BV. Oh the burning is only after sex with my fiancé and he’s not having any symptoms. It started when we were out of town and I was with him the whole time. So he’s not cheating obvi. I don’t know what it could be. It really sucks lol. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh and my new gynecologist prescribed lidocaine jelly for the pain but it burns when I use it so idk
  • Posted

Hi Shelia, it could be just irritated from the infection you had, try ky jelly see if that will ease the burning it couldn't hurt to try, meds can dry you out that will cause burning, hope this helps you.

• Posted

It sounds like provoked vulvodynia. I had repeated yeast infections back in 2013, anyway I thought I did. The burning just wouldn’t go away. when i was tested after 5 months there was no infection. I was diagnosed with vulvodynia which is a condition of the nerves where they become hyperactive and hypersensitive due to physical or chemical trauma or infection. The nerves register touch as pain. It can be provoked (burning only felt when the area is touched) or continuous (the burning us there all the time and gets worce when the area is touched). The way to test for it is to take a cotton bud and touch around the vulva area. If the touches are felt as pain then it is vulvodynia. Nerve conditions like this are difficult to get rid of, but it is possible. See my  post on this website “how I cured my vulvodynia” where I explain how I was pain free after 2 years of various treatments. Other women have posted on there how they got cured, for example, for some women it is caused by a food allergy and giving up the food group cures it, for others it is caused by tension in the pelvic muscles which constricts the nerves. Lidocaine also burned me and made me worse.
  • Posted

It's possible that the flagyl took care of the BV right away. It's very potent.  The burning can come from other things as well. Dermatitis... caused by soaps, creams, shampoo running down your body.  Try using coconut oil after you wee and keep the area soft and moist. Don't wipe! Just let water take care of that area. Either use a peri bottle or use a glass of lukewarm water... Don't let it get too dry. That can cause burning too.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.