VAGINAL BV hydrogen peroxide AND vitamin c

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hi. I have recently tried using hydrogen peroxide to clean out my vagina and get rid of anything down there... I did this for about a week and it helped but it caused Thick white wet toilet paper like discharge. I put tamp on up there and when I took it out it had thick pieces all over it. I've always been using vitamin C for a week now too. It has made me very wet and have a weird scent not fishy but strong and strange. why? I thought people say it takes away smell. Please help I'm young and married and I feel way to embarrassed to have my husband go down there or have sex cause he gets stuff on the condom. Please help.

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Vitamin c did not rly help me, I haven't tried hydrogen peroxide but my vagina is sensitive, so I don't think it would do it any good.

• Posted

It doesn't do anything besides clear the bacteria that's causing that scent. I reccomend douching half water, half peroxide. Helped me with the smell and weird feeling BV gives. I also have a very sensitive vagina.

• Posted

If vitamin c cleared the bacteria then I think bv wouldn't be a problem, I think it just masks the smell for some people and acidifies the vagina until it just goes back. Either way, vitamin c causes major abdominal pains so I can't use it. Hydrogen peroxide is another risk because it can either go good or bad. I think it's good to stick to a good healthy lifestyle and take essential vitamins and go more the pharmaceutical medication pathway, especially if your vagina is sensitive. The thing that got me closest to a normal vagina was travocort cream.

• Posted

My best advice is STOP putting all that stuff up there. Wait a few days and let your vagina self cleanse whatever you did. Vaginal suppositories are great. I use one after my period and after sex. They sell them at your local cvs or you can order online. They have homeopathic treatments as well. I also sometimes soak a tampon in plain Greek yogurt for about ten minutes and leave it in a couple of hours and remove for about a week to gwt rid of your extreme symptoms. Good luck let me know how you do!
    • Posted

Thank you!! I stopped someone PM'd me and said my vaginal walls are basically shedding from using the vitamin C. It looks like white toilet paper and has a very odd not fishy smell to it. I'm stopping NOW. But the supplements done do anything for me unfortunately. Thanks for the advice tho!

• Posted

Lol. Really? Ok so in one breath you say "STOP putting all that stuff up there," and then you throw out some different ideas of things to put up there . For instance vaginal suppositories (which do contain several chemicals btw), Greek yogurt soaked tampons, you see where I'm going with this?

Your advice is contradicting

Should've just said, "Stop putting anything up there unless it's something I've suggested for you to put up there!"

So much for the self- cleanse. Right.

Smh

• Posted

Yep tried them all and prescriptions for years and years... clears up a couple days and comes back... my Dr said 1/2 Hydrogen peroxide to distilled water as a douche... followed by same amount of water with a little baking soda in it to rinse out bacteria killed by peroxide and to rebalance my pH... used it for 5 days then every other followed by once weekly & after sex - but not more than 2x a week and it’s great! No more issues!!!!

• Edited

First off, Hydrogen peroxide not only kills the bad bacteria but kills the good bacteria. This is not a good solution to treat anything down stairs. I have had bv for 9-10 months, at first it wasnt bad and I thought it was just the sweat causing it to not smell that great (I live in Florida so its super hot and humid) but as months went on it got worse. I was so embarrased that I could smell myself while sitting in class or walking around. I wasnt sure if other people could smell it or not. I still had unprotected sex with my bf but not as much as I used to do before I had it. I wouldnt let him go down on me or even have him touch it.

I did A LOT of research on the issue and I tried self treatment by placing a 500 mg of rosehips w/vitam C tablet straight up in the there (only half at a time). The first 3 days of doing it I was symptom free... BUT the fourth day I had nasty discharge from the dissovled tablets coming back out. It was disgusting. I waited for it to clear up to try again and the same issue accured, so I stoped that treatment.

I finally decided to go to the doctors to get a pap smear and it came out positive for bv. I told my boyfriend after he nagged me to tell him what was wrong and I explained to him the smell. He told me he didnt smell anything and thought that was a normal smell (what a relief!)

I was given the oral metronidazole 2x for 7 days(w/insurance it cost less than $4). Knowing they are antibiotics they kill the good and bad so I took probiotics with them to prevent a yeast infection. The third day I had no symptoms but I still took the pills as directed.. after 3 days finishing treatment I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend to test out if it was his sperm that was making me unbalanced.. no smell occured while sex or the next day(he pulls out, never cums inside of me) . However I still ended up with a yeast infection and didnt realize it until the fourth day after medication.

So now I was just prescribed fluconazole for the yeast infection. Hopefully my bv doesnt come back after my period ( i read a lot of women experienced it coming back after periods). Ill stay updated if it comes back since its only been 5 days since antibiotic treatment stopped.

Talk to your husband about the issue. He should be able to understand what is going on and its normal to have an imbalance in ph. He should make you feel comfortable during sex even if it has a distinct odor. The reason why you are having different disharge is because of the vitamin c tablet.. it doesnt fully dissolve into the body it stays in there until gravity takes into play and it has to back out. I would stop both of your self treatments and go to the doctor to get treated even if it has to be multiple times. Also try drinking cranberry juice, taking probitics daily and finding out good probitic food and drinks.

You are not alone! Hope this helps

• Posted

Hydrogen peroxide does not kill the good and the bad bacteria. Hydrogen peroxide promotes the release of oxygen which is harmful only to the bad bacteria causing the foul odor. This is because the pathogenic bacteria is anaerobic and cannot survive where there is a strong exposure to oxygen. The good flora in the vagina is aerobic meaning that they thrive in oxygen rich environments. That is why hydrogen peroxide AND baking soda are good methods for dealing with BV because they do not harm the good flora while killing the bad bacteria. I think this is a better option than running to the doctor every time a case of BV pops up. It is less expensive, too. By the way, an oral baking soda regiment also battles cancer and almost any other ailment because of it's natural ability to counter acidic environments. Disease thrives in an acidic body.

• Posted

I tried the peroxide thing and it didn't help anything. I have suffered with bv for two years now and the odor is my main problem. I have tried everything and nothing works. I haven't tried the baking soda does it get rid of the bad odor?

• Posted

How do you use the baking soda with hydrogen peroxide? And how much do you use of each when you mix it together? 
  • Edited

Hi Emily, 

I haven’t been on in awhile and I still see the heartbreaking stories of this BV that takes over women’s lives! I suffered BV from 30-32 years old. I stopped wearing thongs and g-strings because of the strong rubbing from the anus to the opening of the vagina. That was a major cause of the bacteria building up! I’ve tried everything fr probiotics, eating yogurt, inserting yogurt into my vagina, but it only helps for a day or two and came back. I was prescribed metronidazole and it cleared up my symptoms. I was hell bent on this not coming back. I make sure it’s alwaus dry down there, I don’t wear g strings, I was with summers eve (Non scented wash) and rinse thoroughly, I blow dry after my shower on the cool setting on my vagina (sounds stupid) but the less moisture the better, towards the end of my period I use holistic probiotic suppositories to make sure all end of the blood comes down while still keeping my ph on a healthy level, I also use the suppositories after sex at night after a shower. So far it has helped and saved my life. This is some advice I can offer you so you can be at peace again! Good luck with everything!

• Edited

Hi Stephanie, I have the same issue after my period, the blood lingers forever even days after it’s over...so like a dummy I douche and boom! BV...I get it often so I have a prescription on file for the flagly but I’m tired of takin these pills all the time then have to worry about a yeast infection, so my question is what type of suppositories did you purchase and where from? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.