VAGINAL BV hydrogen peroxide AND vitamin c

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hi. I have recently tried using hydrogen peroxide to clean out my vagina and get rid of anything down there... I did this for about a week and it helped but it caused Thick white wet toilet paper like discharge. I put tamp on up there and when I took it out it had thick pieces all over it. I've always been using vitamin C for a week now too. It has made me very wet and have a weird scent not fishy but strong and strange. why? I thought people say it takes away smell. Please help I'm young and married and I feel way to embarrassed to have my husband go down there or have sex cause he gets stuff on the condom. Please help.

2 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Emily , I work with an ob/gyn doctor and over the years I have learned a lot about BV . The first thing I can tell you is , please DO NOT stick a tampon with peroxide up your vagina , peroxide alone can damage the flora cells . Some people may think that it has helped them but do not realize the damage they can cause. Just go to your gyno and get medication prescribed , change your diet , start on probiotics , eat more yogurt, sometimes even your hormone imbalance has a lot to do with it . I hope this helps .
    • Posted

Oh please! Have several seats...😒

• Posted

I am here for 2 reasons. I constantly was diagnosed with vaginal bacteria. NO CLUE WHY. Not many partners/Protected. I read somewhere douche with water n peroxcide. LOVE IT. I dont have to pay for copay and script pay for Vaginitis every 6 months. Kicker is after 5.5 years I was diagnosed with stage 3b colon cancer. I did go thorough surgery to remove tangerine sized mass then 12 chemotherapy folfox treatments. At age 46. . Now CANCER free after But..... does it have any correlation to #douching with #peroxcide?
  • Edited

Well I suffered over & over with yeast & bv infectious and did everything medical prescription to natural... what works 

Hydrogen peroxide 1/2 & 1/2 with pure water... I lift hips, pour in and let sit 2 minutes... rinse inside with water then finish with a quick douche of 1/4 organic apple cider vinegar to 3/4 water.... cures either or both issues... do twice a day on day one and before bed for 2 more days... important... I make my husband & I brush teeth and tongue with hydrogen peroxide then toothpaste before any oral sex... and if he doesn’t pull out I do a quick vinegar water douche after... if there is any hint of an issue (usually after being on vacation and not following above protocol s) I also treat his penis with a baking Soda and peroxide paste ... let sit one minute and rinse (repeat next day) ... if vulva or penis feel a bad t sensitive I treat like my lips on face with a bit of Lysine lip treatment.... all healed up and no smell within 72 hours

• Edited

Oh and drink lots of water the main reason one gets infections is dehydration!!!! Oral sex (there’s tons of bacteria in the mouth if not cleaned properly) & semen left inside are secondary

• Edited

The main reason I'm reading and researching this topic is because I've been having BV issues for almost 4 years. It actually started when I got divorced. This may be TMI, but I'm starting to think it may be relevant: my ex-husband and I had intercourse multiple times a day and we were together several several years. It almost makes me wonder if my body adjusted to that and then got thrown off balance when we split, and I'm older now and it just doesn't know how to go back?

Unfortunately, I'm allergic to ALL of the medications they give for it; tongue swells, skin gets itchy, mouth itches, heart does weird things, get shortness of breath, and so on. My doctor has ran out of options for me. We tried a different approach, and went with a less potent medication that isn't normally given for BV, but I don't have allergic reaction to, hoping it would help; it helped only while I took it for the 10 days it was prescribed.

Before I started experiencing BV chronically, I used to get yeast infections easily, even if I just ate a serving of yogurt or took an antibiotic. Then suddenly my pH balance went the other way, and I can't get rid of it.

Through diet, it has helped (I consume 1-2 tablespoons of raw unrefined coconut oil daily, rarely drink coffee, and there are some other things I try and eat or about to help). But any time I want to partake in drinking a little, it comes right back. Which I've recently learned that basically consuming anything fermented can cause the imbalance, and obviously I'm hyper-sensitive with my pH balance... So no pickles, kimchi, alcohol... Which is fine. I just want a solution for when I am symptomatic, right?! Which is usually after drinking, sometimes after sex, and around my period most of the time. It takes me weeks sometimes to get balanced back out with diet, and even then I'm not convinced it's actually going away. (Maybe I should start testing myself regularly?)

My thinking was; well if yogurt gave me yeast infections before, maybe if I eat enough yogurt I'll get rid of BV. I even tried using the yogurt tampon. I ate yogurt for months, and the tampon thing, no help. And no yeast infection. I'd almost rather have a yeast infection sometimes than BV all the time. sad

I've tried apple cider vinegar, drinking a teaspoon of it a day. That actually helped, but caused tendonitis flare ups. So then I tried it on a tampon and other topical methods, but it didn't help.

I've tried taking baths with different ingredients, didn't help.

I've even tried tea tree oil (diluted of course) mixed with coconut oil topically. Did nothing.

I do take probiotics, especially while I'm doing any method where it's going to kill all the bacteria instead of just the bad stuff. I feel like when I do, it just makes it worse??

So I'm really interested in trying the peroxide thing! This is the first I've heard about it. I think I'll try it for a week, then maybe if it helps, doing it just after sex, drinking and around my period?

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do or try! I'm so tired of having this issue. I'm sure many of us are.

Thanks!

• Edited

Oh, I also avoid added sugars, soda, sports drinks, etc. Mostly only drink water, 100-140 oz per day. Every once in awhile I have a cup of black coffee or unsweetened tea.

I've been doing this because in my research over the last few years, I've read that sugar can feed the bad bacteria (not only in your gut, but vagina as well).

So if anyone is at a loss like I am, you might try avoiding sugars, fermented foods and eating coconut oil!

As I stated before, I'm looking for something that helps if I do slip up, or during my period of symptoms come back.

Thanks again!

• Posted

Hey there! Sorry to hear about what you are going through. As a woman I can completely empathize. I have suffered with BV for years, unfortunately. It is my belief that nothing your doctor gives you will provide long-term relief. I find the only help came from the Boric Acid vaginal suppositories. And, even that has too be taken consistently. One day I ran out of them and wanted to freshin the girl up. I took a tampon and poured peroxide on the tip of it. I then proceeded to insert it, and immediately pulled it out. From that day on I have not ever suffered from thay annoying 🐟 BV again.

I pray you have the same success.

Love you, sis. Be blessed.🙏

• Edited

Anyone following this... I am on my 3 time of Getting BV in 4 months.. this time it came back last Saturday with odor.. I’m disgusted and we determined while hubby and I were being sexual so embarrassing.. so this week I have been ACV every day, took and Epson salt bath, Greek yogurt, oranges, lemon water, pineapple and probiotics.. crappy part is I started my period yesterday and it reminds me of after child birth sorry if TMI.. I ordered boric acid suppositories last night but I was to do something today!!!! I am guessing I should wait until my cycle is over for the peroxide? Any suggestions
    • Edited

Hi Natalie!

I thought I would chime in. I completely understand what your going through. I’ve been dealing with it since December of this past year. Every month like clock work after the period here it comes. I do the ACV, Peroxide, insert plain Greek yogurt. The whole nine. So much so that I completely irritated myself. My husband says to me you need to leave yourself be and let your body heal. The vagina is self healing...with a little help. What I have done and it has helped is this. I take Rephresh probiotic by mouth and insert every night. Along with that I take vitamin C, folic acid and Fuenegreek tablets. By inserting all of these things it’s not giving you body a chance to get that good bacteria back that we are lacking. The only thing I insert is that probiotic which that is what we need to get that good balance back. I am still not completely healed yet, but have not had an odor in over a month! I do every now and then get a little irritated or itchy. One of those symptoms of the BV, but by the next morning after the probiotic I’m good to go. I hope this helps. 

• Posted

Well I have not inserted anything at this time... I am on day 3 of my cycle gotta love Aunt Flo and I am padding it no tampons.. I can tell the smell is disapating whether it’s starting to “heal” or not I guess until my period is gone I won’t know for sure...  but it’s not strong like it was either. Nor fishy just weird I can’t explain it.. I don’t have any itching, no heavy discharge, or any really (except the period) just I ache down there like my vagina is mad at me. I am taking my probiotic by mouth and other efforts but boric acid suppositories are on their way. 
    • Posted

Funny, I’m on day three of period too! I know that achy feeling down there. I always tend to feel raw even though I haven’t had sex. I swear by inserting the probiotic. We need a more acidic vagina to keep the BV away and the period tends to make us more basic which is causing the BV. If I start with symptoms I do the Hydrogen peroxide douche once and then insert the probiotic every night at bedtime and take orally. I will continue until definitely gone. I’ve read on other comments that it could take months. Well, good luck and know that you are not alone. I’m 37 and have never had to deal with anything like this before. Definitely depressing, but have to remain positive and know there is a light at the end. ☺️ 
    • Posted

I’m 39 and I’m over it... I havent wore pads for my cycle since I was 15 I’m so uncomfortable... but I am praying it all works it’s self out literally 😂

• Posted

Hello, i believe that tyou are supposed to dilute it in water then use it only once for only 3 minutes. You have all that gunk probably because you have overdone it.
  • Edited

hey there! I'm late here i realize but i had recurrent constant BV and i can say three things with absolute certainty

1. You very well may be allergic to your man's semen and be getting it because of that; its so much more common than you think and can throw off your pH so fast!
    2. What you eat gets excreted through your skin, and i ate a lot of fish. since taking a step back, I've noticed it helps TREMENDOUSLY and i don't think this is a coincidence! it takes huge sacrifices but anyone who's ever had to deal with this would gladly do it by a certain point! and finally
    3. Vitamin C capsules (vegetarian capsules with minimal ingredients) 500-1000mg work WONDERS and is an almost overnight cure! the 500s are for maintenance and what i did before my hysterectomy is put one 500mg in every other night during my period and three additional nights after. if you're dealing with an infection already, you'll want to use 1000mg for the first three days and then use one every other day for two days on two days off, then every third day and so on. major gamechanger!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.