Vaginal discomfort for two years .. frustration nation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 26 years old and pregnant with my first child.

Some things I experience:

- extreme itching during the day but intensely at night and during periods of high stress .. also once this summer I got really bad sunburn and the vaginal itching was intense

- when I "flare" up (when it's at it's worse) the inside of my labia is covered in white .. kind of reminds me when I get tonsillitis and have my tonsils covered in smegma

- itching cannot be helped and i think it's causing a dull pain/soreness but I'm not really sure if that's a separate issue .. the pain usually covers the itching sensation but i don't know what is worse

- sexual intercourse is painful

- now my boyfriend has irritation on his penis .. he has tears in his foreskin (he is not circumsized)

- I do have discharge.. more than usual since I'm pregnant.. yellowish tint and clumpy but could be the pregnancy now .. it does have a yeasty smell to it but I wouldn't say foul

- the itching is everywhere but mostly localized to one area.. it's on the right side under my Vagina lip.. where the labia skin meets my vagina usually gets swollen and itchy while on the other side there's no difference of where the labia meets the vagina

- sometimes there used to be a raised line of skin and for a while the line looked like tear on the outside of the vulva but that hasn't happened in a long time

This is all begins around two years ago:

My first symptoms began while I was heavily into fitness. I was assistant teaching jiu jitsu, meaning I was in sweaty tight pants under my uniform for about 4 hours three nights a week at least. I began getting extreme itch which was not relieved by OTC medicines which have worked for me in the past. Though before this occurrence I only had a handful of yeast infections.

I go to my gynecologist, who did not approve of my unprotected sex with my boyfriend of four years at the time. Without even examining me yet, he was telling me it's probably genital herpes. After examining me, he was 99% sure I did have it. He swabbed and blood tested me.. two different occasions both times the results were negative. He prescribed me medications anyway. This medication was also no help.

I changed gynos for a second opinion, my new gyno could see the irritation that my first doctor had seen and swabbed me three separate occasions along with blood tests .. all negative .. every time. She started treating me for BV which did give me a short period of relief, but my symptoms returned. She gave me diflucan, also some short relief but it kept returning. She also kept prescribing me antibiotics because there was blood in my urine. After going to a separate doctor for that, it turns out I just have kidney stones and to leave them be .. but stop with antibiotics. Needless to say, the antibiotics made things much much worse. I also received a yeast infection panel test where they test a bunch of strains ... all negative !!!

I changed gynos again out of frustration. I explain my whole situation to her and she says she does not see any sign of herpes but does see the irration where the skin has scabbed probably from itching. I start to piece together that maybe I have some sort of jock itch due to my exercise habits and she agrees and prescribes me clometrizole (definitely spelled incorrectly) FINALLY RELIEF ! For the first time in a long time .. for about a month and then it returns! And now I'm pregnant they won't prescribe me anything.. has anyone experienced this... any advice .. my biggest concern is now my partner is experiencing discomfort and it's really ruining our sex life especially during the pregnancy ..

For the past two weeks I have been doing Monistat 7 and have temporary relief .. sexual intercourse seems to irritate me .. please please help I'm desperate .. sorry for the length of this post but this is depressing and I'm desperate

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you think partner is also experiencing symptoms it must be a sexually transmitted infection of some kind you both need to go together and get it checked
    • Posted

I would agree but I've been experiencing this for two years and last weekend he started not feeling well

• Posted

Have you been tested for Trichomonas Vaginalis?   Have you had Flagyl to treat it?.

This is caused by a protozoa and is an STD.   You and your partner both need to be treated not just you[this applies to any STD] or you will just keep passing the problem back and forth between you.    As you are now pregnant most doctors would hesitate to give you any medication.

• Posted

My next appointment is two weeks or so .. I feel my gyno is sick of hearing about this at this point .. but I will definitely bring this up .. is this the only thing that can go back and forth
    • Posted

Any STD or infection can go back and forth,thats why it should be both of you that are treated.  It is possible to have some infections which dont give any symptoms,and either partner can think they are OK,when in fact they can be harbouring an infection without knowing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.