Vaginal Discomfort - unsure what to do!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

For around a year i have been experiencing what i imagined to be water infection symptoms.

It starts as that I will wake up in a morning with a burning sensation in my lower tummy with an urge to urinate. Once going the toilet i have a mild but very irritating uncomfortable burning sensation in my vaginal canal which does not pass. Sitting on the toilet and pretending to urinate sometimes reliefs pain. Standing up makes it worse.

I have tried cystitis sachets which can work in the short term but it seems to be reoccuring every month paticularily before a period. However not always. I have been to the walk in centre at hospital and had thrush tablets which also eased the pain. I am sometimes unsure whether it is thrush or a urinary problem as i have both symptoms interchangeably!

I am 19 and sexually active and sometimes it hurts during sex. It is making my life hell and i honestly dont know what to do. I have been refered to a urologist but not sure if i can cope with these symptoms any longer it is debilitating and i can spend hours on the toilet in the middle of the night.

Please can anyone relate or help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.