Vaginal dryness and lichen sclerosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have vaginal dryness and lichen for about 2 years I am 60. I have controlled them with yes products and dermovate but just lately I feel really worried because the entire area feels red and swollen. Please help or advise. I do not want sex with my wonderful husband because I am so sore.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I use Clob three times a week and Estrace three times a week. The Clob keeps the inflammation down and the Estrace keeps the vaginalĀ  area more moist. I also use Emuid during the day to keep area moist. Also coconut cream or oil is good to use to keep area moist.
  • Posted

HI Jackie,  I think that the dryness is the easiest part.  You could use emu oil (which has Vit E for healing) or coconut oil for instance.

?The redness will be a bit of a puzzle, I think.  Is it because you're using too much dermovate/clobetasol or ....  a doctor may need to look at it.

?Furthermore - it might be good to read the discussion on "An experiment with borax" if you haven't already done that. 

Indeed, no sex while sore.  The area needs rest and nurturing for sure. 

?I hope you will soon find relief.

• Posted

Perhaps the redness indicates a fungal infection, if it feels 'hot' that might be a possibility?  Do you have a good gynae to contact?  Every best wish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.