vaginal dryness and lichen sclerosus

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies 

i have recently been diagnosed with lichen sclerosus but i also have vaginal dryness.  I am 57 years old so i know the later is probably hormonal.  Does anyone else have these conditions together and i am on hrt cream at the moment which i am reluctant to keep using.  Anyone any advice on what works for them for the vaginal dryness i have had some really good support for the L/S but would love to hear some comments from you ladies with vaginal dryness.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jackie,

My GP prescribed Vagifem 10mg twice a week for my vaginal dryness and it works a treat!. I have totally lost the 'sitting on a hedgehog' feeling and can make love again relatively pain free! Been using it for 3 months now and would hate to be without it.

• Posted

If you research the web about vagifem you will find all you need to know. Good luck.
  • Posted

I also was given vagifem 10mg twice a week & have been fine on this. I had been in agony & totally raw but am fine now, good luck Jackie 
  • Posted

My doctor gave me a steroid cream as she thinks I got lichen sclerosis (I don't) and I also have the vaginal dryness and atrophy.The hormone creams don't agree with me I can['t take the headaches they cause me someone has suggested premeno which is a non hormonal pessary lubricant so it might be worth giving it a go for the vaginal dryness. I thought lichen sclerosis was cracking and bleeding around the area? My skin just seems to be dry and tight and sore if the area comes under friction. Sex life with hubby null at the moment. I am going to insist on a gynae although doc mentioned a dermatologist. I should get a job testing lubricants the amount I have tried. Yes lubricant gives me partial sex, I can't get my hubby's penis all the way in and then there is a bit of a burn feeling after.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.