Vaginal dryness is ruining my life.

Posted , 8 users are following.

It started with the menopause and I find my GP surgery very unsympathetic. They told me I needed to take vagifem but it didn't work for me. I got some relief with replens but now that has stopped working. I was wondering if HRT vaginal cream might work better but dread going back to the male doctor again. All he says is there is a chance of cancer of the womb and breast with this medication yet online it says these creams are really safe - who do you believe? So depressed with all this. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, I also had the same issue and like you tried replens which did work also but then it started to burn me after several uses. As for the HRT cream, my mom used it and it worked with no side effects. However, I find that when I take vitamin c, the dryness subsides. Not sure if you take vitamins but you may want to give it a try or find a new female doctor rather than a male one.
  • Posted

Get a female doctor. I am sure you can pick and choose. I can in my surgery. Men are brutes and don't understand what we go trough. Wanted to see them dealing with dryness and blood hot flushes and night sweats. Worse is a part from that not content God made men snore like pigs and we have to take that as well.

Hope U find sympathetic doctor. I was lucky with mine she's good.

• Posted

Hi Karen I'm taking tibolone it's milder than HRT and I use dermol cream and wash which I get from my GP, I don't have any problems with dryness.

You should keep trying alternatives until you find something that suits you but don't listen to scare stories

Hope you can get relief soon

Xx

• Posted

I used the vaginal estradiol cream and it did work.  But then the problem was my hair started falling out.  I was told, by a dermatologist,  that it raised my estrogen level too quickly.   They say it's not systemic, but it sure was for me.

• Posted

Hi, Omega 7, sea buckthorn oil, is reported to help with vaginal dryness and dry eyes and mouth. I haven't tried it but my friend says it works. Good luck 

• Posted

Hi thanks. Think I have tried that before but will try again x
  • Posted

Hi Karen, I have tried estriol cream but incredibly it gave me pains in my side like the gall bladder pains I had some years ago before I had my gall bladder removed and looking at the leaflet it does mention it can cause these pains!  Anyone else had this?

I've tried various creams; 'Yes' was ok but I felt I had a different odour down there when using it.

The best so far is good old E45!! I smooth it all around the outside area, have to say I do not 'insert it' as such but it really has made a difference.  I also wash with it, smooth it on then wash it off with warm water.

Hope this helps.  I sometimes think fun time is over . . .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.