Vaginal dystropy painful sex.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I suffer with vaginal dystrophy and intercourse is impossible. I use hydromol every day and vagisan, any ideas.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheila,

You don't say how old you are but judging by your issue you must be close to or in menopause. The creams your using doesn't have estrogen in them. Looks like they are moisturizers, which is good but they will not replenish those estrogen starved tissues that are your problem. Your estrogen has been depleting and will continue to deplete. There is estrogen creams which can help rebuild those tissues. Always go for bio identical. I think the longer you wait to fix the issue the harder it is to get turned around. I'm 59 now. I first started with creams consisting of estrodial and testosterone and now after three years I do pellets. Sex was getting to be a issue when I was in my early 50s too. Soreness and lack of lubrication made it difficult to enjoy. Now I I don't have any issues with that and actually enjoy intimacy more than I did when I was younger. Men need their fixes too, my husband is on pellet testosterone therapy too.

• Posted

hi jude im 64 and am suffering from v a i use vagifem hydrmol olive and bee yes vm could you tell me what" pellets "are that you are using are they on prescription ?i cant seem to get rid of my burning when peeing

• Posted

Hi Lilelse,

Pellets are put under the skin in the buttock area every three to four months in women depending how fast your body uses them. The burning issues are again, lack of good estrogen to keep those tissues healthy. Estrogen keeps that area free of problems and when it depletes it leaves us open for more bladder issues. The area around the bladder that keeps everything nice and firm and healthy is also fed by estrogen. When estrogen depletes those tissues become thinner, allowing bacteria to enter easier and along comes UTis ,burning and pain. The fix is Replenishing the hormones.

• Posted

Hi Jude

I was 63 yesterday and the problem started 3 years ago. I don't suffer with any bladder issues but the pain is to great to enjoy any penetration during sex.

My doctor did prescribe an oestrogen cream, I didn't use it as it said if a close member of you family has or had breast cancer do not use. my sister had been diagnosed at the time. I can't even wipe myself its so painful.....i have to pat.

• Posted

The estrogen in the creams are a very low dose and very very little gets in your blood stream. I have issues with fibroids and a family history of breast cancer and I do very well with Estrace Cream. Im in the US and docs dont seem to prescribe bio identical hormones bc they have to be compounded so I can't speak to their effectiveness. But Jude is 100% right about everything. Also do your kegel exercises, dont use scented soaps or fabric softener on your panties and only use warm water while washing your lady bits.. its self cleaning, soaps, douches, etc will add to the dryness issues.

• Posted

Lilelse,

yes pellets are done at a qualifying dr office. Lots of holistic and alternative doctors do them now, in the states anyway. I always recommend going to a dr that knows what the heck their doing in hormone replacement. Thats where it starts. Going to a doc that don't know whats going on cam make a huge difference on your ultimate outcome. Its worth spending the extra money to feel "normal" again.

• Posted

Hi Sheila,

I don't know where you live but if you have access to alternative doctors they would probably be able to address your issues better than a general dr. even with past family cancer issues. Just my thought.

• Posted

Hi Jude

I live in Wales UK.

I will be asking for a second opinion and going privately if I must, it's so uncomfortable and painful at times. I am absolutely dreading a cervical smear test.

• Posted

sheila,

sad the things women go through for sure, That even a cervical test has to be so painful. There is fixes and hopefully you find one that helps and gets you on your way to a more enjoyable intimate life. It was something very important to me to keep alive in my marriage and overall I think people are healthier and happier in life keeping that alive.

• Posted

Sheila, I was diagnosed with atrophy but chose not to use the premarin cream I was prescribed. The atrophy was not an issue for me but that particular cream was. However, the main issue was I had a sister with stage 4 breast cancer. Three years later I was diagnosed with LS. My advice to anyone is to use hormone cream now so it doesn't get worse (it does NOT have to be premarin).

My new gyn who diagnosed the LS told me in my case it was a result of too little estrogen (which some women disagree with but my gyn sees women every day with LS so I trust her judgment). Unfortunately the first gyn did not explain correctly what could happen if I did not use the hormone cream.

• Posted

hi Shiela i suffer with V A i use hydromol and vagifem pessary which is a low dose estrogen i was comfortable at first but after a uti i cant seem to get rid of burning pee i also use yes vm mostureizer olive and bee cream

• Posted

I have had this problem for years. A few months ago I was prescribed an estradiol ring and also used vaginal dialators . It helped me tremendously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.