Vaginal help!! BV, Yeast?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted any opinions from girls who have had a yeast infection or BV to see what your symptoms were/colouring of discharge before going to the doctors, because all i know is that it could just be "normal discharge".

My discharge is daily, sometimes has a slight green tinge or can be quite thick white and lumpy on my underwear, never has a strong smell just a musky sort of smell (not bad) but my actual vagina has quite a strong odour (was never like that 1-2 years ago). I have been in a sexual realationship for 3 years and my vagina is never itchy or red. I never used to have this bad of discharge so i'm not sure what is going on. I have attached a few pictures, does this look like yeast or BV?image

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

• Edited

this is what my bv looks like. was prescribed flagyl but keeps coming back unfortunately for me

• Posted

How fusstrating! i am hoping if i have BV i can just treat it and it goes away.

• Posted

My discharge was not that thick with BV, nor was it that color (mine was a grey liquidy discharge), but everyone is different. The yellow/green color could definitely mean an infection of some sort. I'd get tested if i were you.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, so nervous to go to the doctors!

• Posted

This kinda what i have too! but im pretty sure i have both yeast and bv! lmk if your medication works, im thinking of going to the doctors again for new medication

• Posted

so does it look like i have some sort of infection do you think? im so nervous to go to the doctors.

• Posted

Late response sorry, but yes, this looks like its def bacterial infection! it could be really intimidating going to the doctors, but many women go get checked for yeast infections and bv!

• Edited

Looks like my bv on a day where I wasnt eating healthy or drinking enough water. i think i had a yeast infection at the time also. ive had a hard time with doctors prescribing me anything other than the flagyl which only makes my symptoms worse so ive had to go down the natural route.

id definitely go to a doctor if you arent sure but do be wary and do your research first! i had the same problem with my discharge being odorless but inside i always had a faint fishy odor and it wound up being bv which can be very hard to get rid of

• Posted

sounds like BV can be so hard to get rid of, here's hoping i might be on of the lucky ones that treats it once and its gone

• Posted

hopefully you're not still dealing with this but my discharge looked really similar and I was having very sporadic vaginal burning and off-smell (not horrible or fishy, just not my normal). i went and got an sti panel done and the only thing that came back was bv. i took metronidazole and got intense vaginal burning/uti like symptoms like 2 days into taking the medication that didn't go away. went back to the doctors, everything looked normal so she said she thought it was ureaplasma - essentially an sti (it's a bacterial infection) but many people have the bacteria present and it doesn't cause any issues. it's hard to test for so i'm not sure if that's definitely what i have or not but i'm on 100mg doxycycline (7 day course) and my discharge seems much more like my normal now with a nice smell again... and the burning is gone! just throwing it out there that you may be dealing with the same thing. it can also be the underlying cause of recurring bv/yeast infections. good luck!! hope you got it figured out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.