vaginal hysterectomy and posterior and anterior repair two weeks ago. I have bled since n

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had the above two weeks ago and have been bleeding since not spotting or discharge but just like a period. Yesterday it became heavier which I am worried about. I am in my 60's does anyone know how long this is likely to go on?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm five weeks post op for the same as you, plus a sacrospinous fixation. I still have the discharge but not real bleeding. If at all worried always contact your GP or surgeon.

• Posted

Anything that is concerning-call your doctor. It will alleviate any fears and address any issues. Let us know.
  • Posted

This is something to be querying with your Surgeons office.
    • Posted

It is reassuring to contact peers on this forum and even if it is something which needs to be investigated by health professionals at the end of the day,  speaking to those who are going through the same experience is valuable, and I believe wholly appropriate. 
    • Posted

Yes who wouldn't agree, BUT the person with the query gave no indication as to whether or not she was also contacting health professionals.

• Posted

Yes I have contacted professionals just wanted to know whether I was worrying unnecessarily as I thought that's what these forums were for.

• Posted

It is a worry, and we all worry at different levels, I'm the world's worst! We are all individuals and our healing will differ, as will our symptoms. I've found these forums really helpful, I can't believe so many women are going through what we're going through. Today I am going to phone the hospital for additional reassurance, I've phoned once before and they put my overactive mind at rest.

Good luck with your recovery, outside we appear to be well, inside our bodies have been tugged and shoved about. YouTube reminds me of that! 😳

• Posted

Yes definitely good luck with your recovery. Onward and upward as they say.
    • Posted

Yes for sure. But you also need to let us know that health professionals have been consulted too. Bleeding excessively is not to be dicked around with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.