Vaginal irrational for months! Is there a permanent solution out there? Doctors aren't a help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay! So I have been having some uncomfortable vulva pain for 6months!!!!!! It first started at the end of January right around the time of my period. The friction from my pads were unbearable!! I've tried tons of creams, prescribed by 5 different gyno's, and NOTHING!! I also had all STD testing negative, punch biopsy for lichen scelcours negative and all blood work diabetes, vimtan defiancy and lupus all fine. I would get fissure cuts from itching so bad for the first three months then that went away. From March until now I've been having irration with a dryness and also a pain inside my vagina occasional like a tingle. My symptoms are weird. I'm staring to wonder if it hormonal???? I have also been losing my hair out of nowhere. Any suggestions on how to fix this!! I just want my life back.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Theres no real cure, Ive had this for years!! 15 + years. Then I was prescribed an estrogen gel I had to insert daily ( so long ago I cant remember the name) it did ease the symptoms, mine was so bad I was unable to sit down!! After several months of using the gel I had a prolapse of my bladder which I didnt want an operation for so I went for a ring to hold my bladder in place. after a few weeks I started to bleed and was in agony so I went to a and e where they had to remove the ring which had got stuck due to the atrophy! Ii was like giving birth!!!! I was still bleeding so ended up in gynea where they had to operate to remove the lining of my womb because the eostragen gel had fed the lining of the womb, thankfully it had not turned cancerous. ( there is a high risk of cancer when taking eostragen, something the doctors dont tell you! ) 

I now use Replens when I need it, stress seems to make the dryness worse. I started off using replens every day for the first couple of month and the internal dry skin was shedding away nicely albeit messy. Once the dry skin has gone things were more comfortable, I still have to use replens every 2 or 3 days and things are more comfy down there, I dont wear any knickers when Im home as they can irritate. 

Oh I still have the prolapse which is bearable by using the replens. If you are in the uk replens is available on prescription. 

• Posted

I've used the gel as well it did nothing but dry me up! I try not to stress but I'm in college and it's kind of hard not too. Ill try to look into Relpens I'm in the U.S.

• Posted

Hi

I was prescribed Hydromol which looks like a thick vaseline until it gets wet then it goes into a soapy lather and leaves a protective barrier on the skin and helps against chafing and irritation. I just use Yes lube for internal and external moisture andalso occasionally balance activ menopause. Strange about the hair loss could that be caused by the pill. Or hair dyes

• Posted

Yea the Vaseline otiments don't really work for me. I started taking birth control and the second month I noticed a bald spot it could be the pill.

• Posted

Hi just ordered the Yes moisturee with applicator.  Did it help you.  I am also on Estrace.  Just started a week ago and in much discomfort.
  • Posted

Hi Bri

May I ask you your age?  Were you ever diagnosed with Atrophic Vaginitis?  If so many of us ladies insert Vagifem 10 mg or generic Yuvafem 2x a week or more depending on doctor advice. It could take a couple to few weeks to kick in....By prescription only.  If outside is irritated a small amount of Premarin cream apply to outside area as well for a short time until healed usually a week or so.

Most important stress affects this.  You have been going through so much with this causing stress.....also stress can cause hair loss.  Try so hard to keep calm...keep busy....try not to stress.  Are you in the US or U.K.?

Hang in there girl.  Ask your doctor about Atrophic Vaginitis or Vaginal Atrophy depending on where you live.

please keep us posted

Wendy

• Posted

The doctors haven't been able to find a diagnose. I live in the U.S and I have some stress going on I'm 24 finishing up college. The medicine they've prescribed to you, is it a pill and cream?

• Posted

Hi Brie

Are you menopausal? pre or post? Replens worked for me as noted below- the itching and friction was horrible. having intercourse remained truly painful and i started also have major urnary frequency! now i am on vagifem and intercourse and other symptoms are much better. good luck!

• Posted

Im 24! I thought about being pre- menousal even at my age the symptoms point in that direction. I have also had bladder problems going a lot. Ill ask my doctor about that my next visit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.