Vaginal irritation-peri menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am new to this so bear with me.  Started using vagifem about a month ago to relieve vaginal discomfort thought to be caused by dryness, was experiencing pain And itch and horrible sensation like skin being pulled by the short and curlies. Thought the dryness was improving a little at first with meds but the itching is getting worse and the pulling sensation is awful.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

thats what I an experiencing and i'm menopause never had this before like this. Like stingy pains not alot of itch, but discomfort. Is your pain with in the vaginal area? I'm not sexual active so I'm nit saying after sex. Can you explain the skin been pulled are you saying out side or inside of vaginal area?

• Posted

Yes sometimes all feels normal but that's rare now, the rest of he time it ranges from discomfort to actual pain, external pain perineum.  Do a bit of cycling and had been blaming that but that's not it. Beginning to wonder if it might be a prolapse causing dragging feeling, although other people on the forum describe this more as feeling a lump.  GP did not say what could be causing the pulling sensation and did not do a pelvic exam. Just gave me vagifem for dryness. But now have itch as well as pain.

• Posted

is that dragging feeling or could it be pressure that you feeling in vaginal area too? You ever get that achy feeling also on the outside kinda like all around the vaginal outside? 
    • Posted

Get pulling sensation mainly, from vagina back. It's only on one side at the moment but yes sometimes whole area aches.

• Posted

I'm getting scared about these on and off pains in the vagina (i'm not sexually active) Today was one real hard one and the rest is like stinging pains/pains and some are like ache to one side. ANYONE else get these? I am menaopause plus I feel sad , low and verge of tears or actual crying breat feels full and slightly nauseated. 

• Posted

Hi Anna,

It sounds like maybe you should see a regular OB/GYN, so they can actually do a vaginal exam.  GP's don't seem to do many of those, and half the time, I don't think they know what the heck they are doing!  That's been my experience anyway.  I say that because, I had a complete hyst when I was 33, I am now 61.  I stopped going to a GYN about 12 years ago, figured I didn't need one, was on HRT, and didn't have anything left.  Just saw my GP, and she never checked anything.  I am one of those that get a yeast infection when given a antibiotic, so had to see her for that, and that's when I decided, she didn't know what the heck she was doing.  LOL  So, NOW I do see one once a year, and for my HRT, hormone replacement pills after my GP decided I should stop my hormone pills...I tried it...it was hell, and am back on them now, and there I will stay.  LOL  Are you in peri/meno yet?  Maybe that could be the cause?

• Posted

Hi Anna I had itchy at times and pain down there too

All normal... I don't use soap I buy Sanex for sensitive skin. I do have eczema so that and hormones do fight with my face making extra dry,

I heard it can cause Trush too

Hope it don't happen to me hugs xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.