Vaginal lichen planus

Posted , 14 users are following.

hi, can anyone tell me what treatment they are having for this please? I’ve had OLP for 3 years now and started with VLP last summer. Waiting for dermatology appointment but the discomfort even when using the cream isn’t pleasant. Any thoughts, advice or ideas very welcome please. 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As we fellow sufferers know this is a really nasty disease and to have it where we all have it is really horrible and I really don't think anyone can know what it's really like until they have got it.I really don't understand why more hasn't been done to try and find out why we have got it and to try and find a cure-very frustrating!!!!

• Posted

Hi there I’ve had vlp for about two years.  Started on clobestol and also topical hrt.  I’m now also on prednisolone suppositories as well.
  • Posted

Hello Gail, I have VLP also. It started a couple of years ago, + have had flares all the time.  It seems to go away but comes right back!  I can't stand it anymore!  I  went to a Naturopathic Dr. every time I have a flare up + he said my VLP is a Candida/Fungal outbreak. So he put me on probiotics, colloidal silver gel + with an antifungal pill.  It goes away but comes back now, the antifungal pill cannot be taken all the time because it won't work after awhile.  You know it helps to take away everything.  The whole thing if it is fungal I have to stay away from sugar, gluten + dairy.  I have been sticking to it but it's hard to know what the ingredients are in everything. The antifungal pill is called Fluconazole which comes from my PCP.  I beg for this pill because not only does it work for the skin it also helps the sick feeling I get.  Do you feel sick as if you have the Flu? And another thing I was sweating profusely for about 6 mos. or more.  I went to every Dr. possible with no results so that is why I think it is a fungal/candida breakout on the skin. When I start the diet, take the pill use a steroid gel (Halobetasol) + Vagicaine, is generic for Vagisil, I start feeling better.  Now it started in my mouth, my stomach feels like it's in my eyes.  So sorry for the long post,  I really want to try one of these other medicines talked about here like Elidel which seems to work for many.  Thanks for listening, I am going out of my mind!

• Posted

Hello Patty, I’m so sorry you are struggling so much. This forum is a real,bonus for me as we can share things and people understand what we are talking about and share things that have worked for us.. the underlying thing for me on all this is stress and when 8m going through a stressful time my outbreaks increase. My VLP seems under control,now with Estriol, and oestrogen cream and it has really helped. I don’t have any flu symptoms or feel sick at all, so I’m sorry I cant help

with anything there. Certainly changing diet has helped. I no longer eat citrus fruit, fresh or juice, chilli or any other spices, restrict sugars, very little wine, no spirits. I haven’t had to give up dairy but I know it has worked for many. My doctor has advised me to always wear lose cotton clothing so linen earns its keep in my wardrobe! I have also taken up gentle Pilates and yoga and this has also made a great difference to my mindset and wellbeing and helps alleviate the stress. I hope any of our comments and suggestions may help you, meanwhile take good care, Gailx

• Posted

Thank you, Gail for answering my post.  You know I was on Estrogen, but found cysts in bladder + I was afraid after that. I also have Fibromyalgia which takes much out of me at times.  But maybe if this keeps up I will go back to the Estoril Vaginal cream?  I am so much in pain when I have a breakout, + feel so sick + what helps is the antifungal dx.  Thank You so much for your comments, I do really appreciate them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.