Vaginal lumps?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have recently noticed some fleshy small lumps in the opening to my vagina. im sure these are new and im really worried what they could be. also for the past few months ive had an itchy vaginal opening too which is on and off! today it is itchy and red. ive tried thrush treatment and it didn't work. any ideas please! will put pic below. thank you any help really would put my mind at rest. i will see my gp its just a few weeks until i can get an appointment.

ps i am 35 and have had two children otherwise fit and healthy. same partner for many years.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am 33 with 2 children and been with the same partner for 10yrs and have recently went through this and found pretty much identical lumps to yours. After much worrying and google searching i saw my GP who examined me and said they where just normal skin growths that can appear over time. She also took some swabs to check for any infections and all came back clear. Best to make GP app to get the all clear from them as if your anything like me it will always be on your mind otherwise.

• Posted

thank you so much for replying, yes they do just look like little growths and dont hurt but still worrying! have done a at home test for thrush/vaginitus but came back negative so not sure what the itching could be.

• Posted

If not caused by a yeast infection, it could be caused by some irritative substance, be careful with what you use to wash yourself and even some wipes may cause irritation .

Another possibility is squamous cell hyperplasia.

Either way, you should see a doctor.

• Posted

so gp said lumps are normal!! swab taken to see what else may or may not be happening!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.