Vaginal Mystery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Unidentifiable infection? in vagina. 

It all started with streaks of blood in my discharge then worsening discharge. (I can send photos) Tested for stds 3 times, bacteria, yeast, every things all negative. 3 pregnancy tests, qualitative and quantitative all negative. Catscan and US on the 8th showed enlarged spleen (12.6) and my endometrial stripe was thickened to 2.1cm. (Suggested biopsy) all blood work normal.white bloodcell count 6.5)On The 10th I had extremely painful sex and had to stop. Went back to ER they treated me for chlamidia and ghonerra just in case results were positive (they were not). On the 18th the pain and irritation got much worse and went to a different er. They diagnosed me with PID. But again nothing to support it. My cervix was red and enflamed, lots of discharge. The tests were all negative. My white blood cell was 11(i have a head cold) they did more scans and now my liver was mildly enlarged as well as my spleen.my endometrial stripe was measured 1.3cm. none of my doctors believe its PID because im not in constant pain and my infection levels aren’t elevated much at all.i have seen my primary and 2 obgyns. The first said just take my antibiotics and whatever it is should go away. My doctor today(better doctor) said something is going on with me and her partner recommended a laparoscopy. She told me to speak with GI about my spleen and liver first and see what they say. Do you have any ideas? Ive never had a pap smear cause im 20. Ive read alot on cervical cancer, do I have cause for concern?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow girl youve been through hell fpr a 20 year old! Let me tell ypu something cervical cancer hardly has ssymptoms in early stages!. I had worse. I was on 2 years going on to 3 on nexplanon the first year no period second year my first just a spot a day. Then it started a period and one day spotting which i wasnt concerned about. On Aug. I had a 21 day lomg period it was so long! I freaked out. I haven't had a period that long since i was 12. Then on Sept. My period came on the 20th i had sex it went away fpr 2 days then came back ended on the 31st at this point i was like i need a pap. I already had a ct scan and a us. Revealed a 4 cm follicular cyst specifically my right ovary it was full of cyst. But i was worried about cervical cancer because my aunt had it. I get my pap done didnt bleed on the process but the day after that i bled for6 days!sad then again on the 12th to 18th and then once more on the 28th to 30th tell me i was freaking out because it all pointed out to cancer even if my pap was normal i read online how paps didnt catch the cancer sometimes and i freaked out more. I went got. My nexplanon removed and started bc pills to reduce the cyst. Then i start spotting brown i freaked out because i took a mirror down thereand my vag was covered in brown liquid! I go to my gp he takes a look and says your on your period like what tis was on the 12th. So he yanks out the speculum and makes me bleed so bad. I forgot to mention i got a bartholin cyst removed on the 8th when i yanked out the packing blood poured out of me like crazy but i saw that i had ripped off the blood clot from the incision. Anyways i was bleeding not bad but ir was like bieng on your period when its fresh everyday for 8 days af this point i couldnt handle it anymore and go to an obgyn. I tell her look i know i sound crazy but i think i have advanced cervical cancer. Because ny legs hips and bladder hurts and its probably spreading. Shes like let me take a look though i doubt it she looks says my cervix looks healthy and i asked why was this happening i was so scared never worried this bad in my life ever. Because i saw my grandma die of cancer and i can never get it out of my head. She gives me the depo shot and the bleeding stopped in 2 days but gave me a uti. I havent bled since then but im still scared. I read theres a certain type of cervical cancer that isnt caught on paps and its rare and aggresive and worse of it all it affects younger women. I fear of that one. But then i take myself back when i was 18. After i had given birth my period just wouldn't stop. So my dr gave me bc i didn't like it of course so i discontinued it and then my bleedong started again. He then went to gave me a nexplanon and it was great idk of this is related tp that and if. I would need bc to stop my periods vut my worries aren't over.

• Posted

I also paid privately for a smear. My ogbyn wouldnt dp it because i was 20 and told me to wait 7 months because i would be 21 then. So i went ahead and got it private im still getting my other one next year
    • Posted

Hey thanks! I had nexplanon for 2 years when I was 15-17. They saw cysts in my ovaries but they said they’re normal im on antibiotics now for PID and they arent helping. My cervix doesn’t look normal I had my husband take a photo or it and it doesnt look normal at all. Im in another er for pain hopefully they can figure something out...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.