Vaginal 😨 Odor

Posted , 7 users are following.

This is embarrassing. I noticed today that I have stinky, you know where I am talking about. I am not sexually active and have not been in close to 10 years, so it is not VD, uless it is latent. I am not itching, I am clean, but it still stinks. I read not to use douche. I really do not want to go get pills or go to a doc. Anyone out here have some remodies that they have tried or know from friends that actully work that are safe and natural?

I have never had this before, although when young, I knew of women that smelled like this all the time. Is this normal for menopause

Your thoughts please!  🎭

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I really think it does have to do with menopause or peri. When I turned 41 I'm 43 now I got BV. I've never had BV before. I'm married have been for 18 yrs and I'm clean have good hygiene. I believe it has to do with our raging hormones and our PH gets all out of whack down there. I sit in Epsom salt baths and put a little tea tree oil and sit for about 20 mins. I've heard that women put dissolvable Vit C up there at bedtime and the smell is gone. I haven't tried that but I don't have smell just the itchy and discharge. Hang in there. Hope other women have ideas. I would like to know also.

• Posted

well i will certianly research the vit c at bed time, thankyou.  sorry you have itchy, that is worse imo. hate that! and ai  did have a eb salt bath yesterday and still ick today. kind of scary. i don't know why but it is. i guess getting older, the mind and body is changing so fast. 

thanks again

• Posted

i think taking probiotics may help in this.....not sure...but i read so on FB
    • Posted

you know you are right, i should have known that. in my older age im forgetting things i know. thanks to you all I can pretend I know what I am dong in front of my friends for a little longer. 

love that name, menoplized 

• Posted

Yes yes I have had this. Ugg I hate this and I am a very very clean person. For me a noticed a few periods last year that smelled. And this has never happen before to me. And no I will have a light hardly noticeable disacharge. At it smells. It comes and goes. I googled the smell of the blood thing and a lot of women go through it but I thought I was gonna die. Smelled almost like raw meat. No way I will get this little order down there every once in a blue moon. It is embracing. I will bath several times a day.. Good luck
    • Posted

have you ever gone to the doctor to get a swab? im 57 and just startted menopause a year ago. i have never had this smell. i have smelled it on others and wondered why some have stronger sense. maybe it is primal. thanks teresa
    • Posted

No I have not gotten swabed . I having been waiting for almost a year to get back on hubbys insurance. Nov. 1 it starts. Open enrolled was beginning of Oct. So I will be making tons of doctors apps. I did go last summer and had my levels checked. Really low. My estrogen was two points from post menopause. Crazy. I am only 46. But it did research online some and it seemed a lot of women experience this during peri and menopause. Even my friend of mine said she did also. I believe it part of your hormones and possible a way your body is cleaning itself out. I understand what you mean by smelling other people, I have always been able to notice a odor to some women especially when on the period. Of course I never said anything. I have a great sense of smell. ( I thought maybe I had extra smell powers or something . Lol). I will let you what happens.
  • Posted

I have noticed this in myself recently and was wondering what caused it. Does not matter how clean I am I feel I smell there. Aggh.  I was trying to remember everything I have eaten thinking if they have caused it. But I don't think so.  Sooo it must be the hormons!

• Posted

Hormones for sure. I wear a little mini pad that has baking soda in it. It helped some. 
    • Posted

i wish i could use a pad, but i break out when i wear them too long. i was wondering it if was an nfection, i have a few other health problems and didn't know it if was related. i know they say not to douch, but i might with some vinegar. just once to see if it helps.

Thanks everyone for your support and ideas!!.

• Posted

I put coconut oil up there last night and it is better smelling today smile thanks you all for your supports and understanding. we don't like tinky!  Ya cocnut oil!

• Posted

I haven't had this problem....YET. But some good info I will try to remember. Thanks ladies

• Posted

Baking soda in your bath water helps with odor . It works very well and its safe.
  • Posted

I just read that poor digestion can cause stinky crotch monsters and probiotics can help. I certainly have that with celiacs. 

Happy night!  I am going to a pumpkin carving party tonight with my 5 yr old neighbor who says I am her best friend. Get my mind of of my me for a little while!

See you all later and thank you for all your good advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.