Vaginal odor and all tests are negative

Posted , 8 users are following.

I suffer for what i believed was bacterial vaginosis.I have odor that is hard to explain.Its funky not really like vinegar but acidy.I get pains from urinating early in the morning and they are sharp but they go away with warm compress within minutes. Every now and then  i would have itching, burning or just irritation down there.I am 33 years old woman and I have never had any discharge or foul smell or any kind of std until i found my husband has cheated on me with a 50 dollar prostitute while on business trip in Europe.I have only been with 3 men my entire life and each relationship was over 4 years.I used condoms  before me and each partner got  tested before starting to sleep without condom and after each relationship ended i had myself tested just to be safe.when he came back from the trip we had sex and within 3 days i had itching and burning in vulva area of vagina.it took some time for him to admit he cheated but he promised me he did it with a condom.I was tested for std and hiv by private clinic and all test came back negative.I redid the entire testing again in 3 months and 6 months and all were negative.I had my husband get tested  on 3 months aftet,6 and now 9 months and his results were negative as well. The odor has become so strong i am embarrassed to leave the house and i avoid it at all expense.sometimes after urinating i get extereme pain in urethra.Doctor tested me for Bv, yeast infection, trichomoniasis many times and everything came negative.I been on antibiotics,monistat cream and prescribed creams for yeast infection but the smell keeps coming back.i take 3 showers and it never helps.i use cotton underwear and i am careful what i eat(my diet hasnt changed) from time to time i will get itching and burning and irritation.sometimes pain after urinating that usually goes away in couple of minutes.doctor doesnt know what it could be but i can see he is concerned.please help me or let me know if you has similar problem i dont know what to do anymore.I dont have sex since i am so embaressed and i can see my husband can smell it he is just so glad he is still allowed in the house he claims its all in my head but yet he is avoiding even talking about sex and claims its because of my fear that he can smell it is the reason why we dont have sex.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! 

I was reading your story and came on this forum to share mine and my healing journey from bv. I am saying this because it might help you. I suffered from bv for the past two years... all tests came back negative and I simply didn’t know what to do anymore. It got to anpoint where it sort of was under control but it was just not 100% healthy either... I was at a point where I just let it be. No more treatments, no nothing. I always felt the body can heal itself and I was hoping it would at the right time... so fast forward... My relationship of 4 years came to an abrupt end a few months ago and while we was breaking up, my intuition started talking and said “and besides everything... you cheated on me...” and I cried and cried and cried and there was sooo much emotional pain that I released at this moment... i was speechless. I didn’t even know where I had this information from. I was sobbing and crying and allowing myself to fully feel the pain and go through theae emotions and release them all. I moved out of our flat that very same day. As I settled in an airbnb for the night, I sensed something in me, in my energy, shifted. I felt very different, it was like a piece of me came back to me and I felt so good and soo at peace. When I went to the bathroom the next day, I noticed my discharge was different and so was the smell. The issue kept clearing itself in a few weeks after the emotional release happened. I am now fully healed of bv.. What I am saying is this, the connection between our physical body and emotional body (energy body) is like a mirror, we store emotions in our cells and tissue and these emotions cause disease. I knew this all along, but I just didn’t clock until that day. If we release the stored emotion, the ones we never expressed, the body returns back to a healthy state as the cells renew themselves all the time. All the medication, etc. are ONLY treating the symptoms, never the underlying issue. A healthy vagina doesn’t need only cotton underwear, it can deal with the occasional tight clothing etc... I encourage you, dear sister, to look deeper into your issue. To look beneath the surface of bv and searchfor the cause. Vagina issues often have to do with a woman’s goddess / sexual aspect! Ask yourself, what are you holding there ? Are you mad at your partner that he cheated? Is there pain and anger? Confront these feelings and let them out. It’s not okay to go behind someones back and betray them like that. You do not deserve this, dear one. After confronting your feelings and releasing the stored emotions, you will feel what you want to do, if it is forgiving your partner or moving on... I am with you on this journey! 

I have healed this, you can too! 

All the best xxx

• Posted

Hey so I’ve been having the same problem. There’s a condition connected ton bv called cv. BV is considered to be the ph in your Vagina is either to hi or low, same with cv. I used so many different remedies and none worked so finally I tried a baking soda and water mix and I am cured. I do this at least once a week, drink water. I’ve suffered with “BV” for 3 years with relationships and all. I wish I had known about the baking soda. I have experienced all your symptoms. You just need to figure out if your Ph is too high or low (cv or BV) and go from there. Research is also your BEST FRIEND. Don’t be afraid to use natural remedies, they work. And also don’t go to overboard with treating your infection, it’s either one treatment or another. Your vagina is self working so if u haven’t already checked with your doc make sure there is no other conditions. Learning about your body is of course a science so know what goes on down there, what’s in there’s that’s good and bad and you will find ur solution 
  • Posted

It’s sad your husband has caused you heartache, and physical harm. I’m sorry. 

What you can do is start taking pre and pro biotics. ( the pre biotics should be the refrigerated one) (you can find all the supplements at a vitamin store)

Do not douche anymore and try to refrain from having intercourse. 

Drink lots of water, cut sugars, caffeine, but eat Whole Foods. 

Take the biotics in the morning after breakfast. 

Next you’ll want to get your PH levels to normal. Anything above a 4.5 will make your vagina smell. (Amazon has PH strips for $6.00) you can monitor yourself this way. 

Evening vitamins should be:

Stress-B

D-3 (2000mg)

Folic Acid (FYI-this will make your urine neon yellow, so add cranberries juice to your diet)

A good women multi vitamin

Wear lose clothes when possible. No panties at night. Wipe with flushable wipes every time you go to the bathroom to stay clean. 

You may start to see results in a week.

One more suggestion: If you were diagnosed with BV, your partner can carry it. Drs will say this is not true. You may notice his penis smells exactly like what you’ve been smelling from your vagina. So, take precautions. 

If you decide to have intercourses wash immediately, scooping out all the semen possible and use a PH balance vaginal tablet. (Found at any drug store or amazon)

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hello Cristy! I have BV well had it for a long time now and so does my husband, well he has the same exact smell. Doctors keep telling me that can’t happen to him or that is not true, I know it is because I can smell it! The thing is we don’t know how to go away sad by any chance do you have a remedy for him I will so try the pro biotics for me! 
  • Posted

Thank you all for advices.I was recently prescribed suprax antibiotic because of suffering strep throat and after 6 days (out of 10 that i need to drink this medicine) the smell went away.Itching and burning as well as pain when urinating.I still only feel discomfort down there as if i am sore but i believe medication worked. I just hope it doesnt come back after i am done with medication.On the other hand I am very concerned that all my tests were negative yet suprax antibiotic is prescribed for std's too. They keep saying bv is not std and that you can not get it from your partner but after reading so many posts on bv i came to conclusion that there not many experts and this is not topic that has been reserched enough.so many women suffer because of bv.ill keep my results posted in a while to let you all know if smell itching and burning comes back 

• Posted

I’m going threw the same situation did the antibiotics work for you? Please reply I’m so over this uncomfort 😟.!!!

• Posted

Hello, your problem sounds very similar to mine. My GP’s, GYN and Urologist are all at a loss. Its very frustrating. Have you found any answers since you posted? One thing my GYN tested for was Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma etc...When I read about it, I got excited because the symptoms fit. Although my tests were negative, if you still have problems, maybe ask them to check that avenue. Best wishes. 
  • Posted

I would insist on being referred to a gyne and to get a pap smear and additional investigations. Also, there are studies that support use of probiotics to bring your balance back to where it should be. This is one: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1198743X14606017

You can insert them vaginally, you want to find lactobacillus strains - one product I've found that has the strains listed in this study is CVS senior probiotic. You can insert it vaginally and take it orally. Unrefined coconut oil is good too. It is an antiseptic and keeps both bacteria and yeast under control. You can freeze bullets of this and then insert them vaginally. And can apply externally. If you want to check pH balance, you can pick up ph test strips and test internally. Monistat has a product for this but so long as you follow their instructions, you should be able to just use regular ph strips that labs might use. It will tell you your ph and from that information, you can better determine what is going on. If it's too basic, could do a little raw Apple cider vinegar douche to balance the ph. I believe you need to abstain from sex 48 hrs prior to testing, as well as douching, and not be on your menstruation. Using a feminine wash that considers pH levels might be a good idea, as well. Rather than harsh soaps that will wipe out the good flora that you need to fight off the pathogenic stuff. Hope this helps! See a gyne though to make sure it's not something more serious. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.