vaginal pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have any solutions to vaginal pain during intercouse? Not sure if it's post menopause or LS that's the problem. Or both. Tried Yes and replens. KY stings.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Firstly see your GP so that she can rule out a number of causes of painful intercourse. If you've tried replens (often works well) then a vaginal oestrogen cream/tablet can really help. Vagifem is very good, not messy as it's the vaginal tablet form - and very little is absorbed into your system. It does, however, need to be prescribed. Are you having any bleeding and are your smears up to date? If you're bleeding the see a GP straight away - if smear is late that must be done too. 
    • Posted

Thanks Jackie. I'll make an appointment with my GP
    • Posted

TK, a gynaecologist or dermatologist would be much better. GPs often think LS is just yeast or menopausal atrophy. LS creates stiff scar-bridges around the rim of our vagina, making sex difficult or impossible because it doesn't stretch. I'm twelve years past menopause, but 'Yes' helped up to a couple of years ago. Don't grin and bear it if you have LS. The trauma will only trigger flare-ups and cause further scarring when you tear. This is known as the Koebner effect, this triggering.
  • Posted

Look at the thread LS and vaginismus by A123A123 - it may help you

some one mentioned a vagi-wave- non medicinal tool to help with the problem

What is causing the pain? spasm or tightness or dryness- or friction based soreness?- the type of pain will differ according to what is causing it thus what will lessen it

Best wishes S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.