Vaginal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm 4 weeks post op today following abdo hysterectomy, my cervix was removed....for the last couple of days I have had a low nagging vaginal pain, it feels more acute on the right side....I don't have any bleeding or offensive discharge....have other people experienced something similar at this stage..?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bridy

I'm three and a half weeks post op same surgery. I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one having low nagging vaginal pain. I've been experiencing it for the last few days. It is driving me and everyone around me quite batty! Everyone is sick of hearing me complain about it...in fact I've even mentioned on a few occasions that it almost feels like something is going to push out! I'm not sure if you're having that sensation as well? A couple of days ago I called my Gynaecologist's office and spoke to the nurse who said it is quite a common complaint. She reassured me it is just part of the healing process. (If I hear that response one more time I'm going to scream!) I spoke to my Physio today and she said to practice a few pelvic floor exercises twice a day to keep the muscles working, as inactive muscles can become more sore. She also said that if I have that heavy achy feeling to go lie down and have a rest. So...I might as well just stay in bed 24/7! Something tells me I am not a patient patient! Here's to our vaginal pains subsiding! Oh, and I find an ice pack helps the pain.

• Posted

Thanks, that's really helpful, I had a bath with Dead Sea salts this mornig( someone on here suggested it) and it's helped a bit....I'm the same, I'm afraid to do anything as I'm convinced something is going to pop down at any minute!!!!  I've been trying to do my pelvic floor exercises but it all feels a bit odd down there!!!! ( I've told my husband that we are definitely never going to be able to have any intimate relations again as I am sure it's never going to feel normal down there!!!!)..... I feel I have a new pain every day to whine about!!! X
    • Posted

I hear you and I second that motion! The nurse reminded me during our phone conversation that I am not to engage in any sexual activity until after my post op appointment at 6 weeks...I didn't respond I was so dumbfounded! Perhaps then I should withdraw from the marathon I was planning on running tomorrow?!! X
    • Posted

BTW...just wondering if you are still taking any pain killers? I am still taking panadol or panadeine and nurofen 2-3 times a day. Although some days I longingly look at the stronger pain killers I came home from the hospital with!...if only they didn't have such horrible side effects. X
    • Posted

Me too..... I stopped taking the codeine that I was sent home on as despite all the stol softeners I was really constipated and kept stressing that I would end up with a prolapse ( i think that's why I've been worried about any vaginalpain).... I still take naproxen (which is siimilar to  nurofen) and paracetamol occasionally..... I keep thinking I should wean myself off but we have not spent millions of pounds I the NHS to research the best medications..... Just so I can sit here and brave the pain when I don't need too.......I'm not sure how I ever managed giving birth!! I think this is far worse....!!
  • Posted

Hello. I was 4 weeks yesterday. I have the same thing. The occasional shooting pain, a sort of nagging pain and a feeling that there's something in there. Sorry, can't really describe it better than that. I've also started to feel a bit more pain in my stomach this week and it is a little tender again. I have been using dr google and it seems to be 'normal' as there are no signs of infection. It is worrying though. I think this surgery is going to turn me into a fully fledged hypochondriac
  • Posted

Hi I have a similar problem I'm 4 weeks post op but I had vaginal hysterectomy and prolapse repairs. My vagina was really tender on one side over the weekend and when I walked I had a heavy dragging feeling. I was worried so went to my GP yesterday she examined me and said she thought it was a build up of fluid she gave me some antibiotics and I've got to go back next week if it isn't any better. I was relieved it wasn't something more serious. Hope you feel better soon.

Tracey

• Posted

I hadmy op over 30 years ago now and belive me ladies it doesget better, but you really should be taking it easy for at least 6 weeks! Preferably no ironing! and definitely no lifting or heavywork or driving. I had very few post op problems but I knew p;enty who did and mostly it was because they just did not give themselves enough time to heal - the internal healing can take 6 months or more!

Just be kinder to yourselves and let nature helpyou to heal. You WILL get better and you WILL feel normal again. I promise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.