Vaginal pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I feel desperate. I woke up in the night with pain in my vagina. I have been reading about vaginal atrophy? I question if it is this! I am 46 my last period was in February. I always feel like I have a bladder border line yeast infection. Can AV cause and aching pain? Please help? I'm terrified.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Vaginal atrophy should not cause pain. It is more like a dry and burning sensation and sometimes the dryness can cause itching. If u have pain I would suggest making an appointment asap with your doctor and please do not worry.
    • Posted

It's so hard not to worry. I had a pap with in the year and it was fine.

• Posted

Hi,i didn't get pain,id get achey at times. Also at times felt like my bladder was irritated. Most of my symptoms are gone now..probably because i no longer have sex,plus i think i mi g t have had some bacterial issue thats cleared up.

• Posted

I was worried for almost 8 months,then...no more discomfort,follow the sudgestions,no tight pants,wash only with clear water,free and clear laundry detergent, i was given permission to use 1 percent hydrocortisone cream over the counter,sometimes a light coat of vaseline,white cotton undetwear,sitz baths,all helps. I had discomfort all that time,now ok.
  • Posted

Hi aAgie,

I've read many posts on here from women suffering with pain from vaginal atrophy, but I would certainly check with your doctor just in case you have an infection.

• Posted

Poor you, its grim, you need to find out what's going on. People will tell you all kinds of nonsense. Try to stay healthy and positive. atrophy is not a sudden, waking up in the night pain, you might have thrush, Bv, any kind of weird neuralgia. Get checked out at a Sexual health clinic.

• Posted

I had the vaginal pain off and on from June to Oct off and on I also got it at night. I had all those smears , trabsvaginal ultra sound and biopsies in June  and July and August so thought maybe it was from all that anyways it's NOV now and I havent had any in a while . BUT I do get that vaginal pain. My pain was from stiny pains to straight up knife staving pain to achy it went on all those months off and on. I am not sexually active so I have no ideal why I get those pains from time to time apparently some months are worse than others like some days more pain throughtout the day then others. So Angie you are not alone! I just am so amazed at all the pain and symptoms women have to go through. :-(

• Posted

Hi,

I have stinging, burning and aching as well. I'm petrified. 10 months ago I told my doc I was having problems. With my period, I always felt like I had an infection, She said I was to young. I go again on Friday, I can't ignore this. I need help. I am so worried. It is a relief to hear others have had pain,

• Posted

Hi Angie. VA seems to affect everyone in different ways. I started with the awful dryness and itching progressing to pain and burning. I ended up at the hospital where the consultant examined me and informed me I had VA. I was so bad at that point that when he examined me the nurse stood by as I was fainting with the pain. He put me on vagifem. That was about 5 years ago now. I'm 68. A combination of vagifem and the Yes lubricants have helped but I'm going to also try the Vit E pessaries as I still get pain with intercourse. Please go and see your doctor and don't be fobbed off. I can only think that if men were affected in the same way there would be more interest paid to it in the medical world. I hope you find relief very soon. Keep us posted. 😊

• Posted

I also find this exhausting. I suspect from my body trying to fight it. I'm desperate. Friday can't come soon enough.

• Posted

You arent too young for VA its all according to hormones,try a different doc,i went to 2. The looser pants helped me so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.