Vaginal pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I feel desperate. I woke up in the night with pain in my vagina. I have been reading about vaginal atrophy? I question if it is this! I am 46 my last period was in February. I always feel like I have a bladder border line yeast infection. Can AV cause and aching pain? Please help? I'm terrified.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Some also use a vitamon e capsule. You poke it with a pin squeeze out the liquid e and wipe it on only the outside of the genitals,very soothing.
  • Posted

I definitely have AV, as recently diagnosed by my obgyn.   I started using estrogen vaginal cream twice a week, but only done 3 applications so far and no change.

I have had weird feelings in the vagina for a long time, but thought it was cause from riding horses.

In October of this year, I got my very first UTI and haven't been able to get rid of it.  As many of you know, many of the AV symptoms are shared with UTI.

I think it is difficult to describe the sensation one feels in that area.  What is 'pain' to one person is not to another.   My situation sounds more like poster Corado.  I have a combination of a burning, pressure, stinging, aching.   The unique thing about mine is that it is sporatic.  There is always some unwanted feeling there, but then I will get an 'attack' of this discomfort.  I can't call mine pain per se, but it is a very scary feeling to me.

I get mine during bedtime, and I think that is because you are not preoccupied then and notice it more.

• Posted

Mine come and goes as well. From what I hear I think it take awhile for the cream to work.

I also have burning, pressure, stinging and achy.

I was terrified to wake up and feel a throbbing ache there. Oddly the heating pad helped. I hope my doctor is on board and doesn't brush me off again.

• Posted

Mine was/ is one of the more extreme cases of va and I also had a vaginal tear. And believe me it was not slight burning or discomfort. It was flat out PAIN. The kind of pain that leaves you shaking from head to toe. And it did not come and go. It started suddenly and was constant from that point. The only thing that relived it while I was waiting for the estrace to work was Norco

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.