Vaginal Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 19 year old girl. Lately starting about 2 or 3 weeks ago I began experiencing vaginal pain while having and after protected sex with my boyfriend. The last time we had sex I had been perfectly fine and then out of nowhere i felt a lot of pain and it began to become difficult to have sex. This was 21 days ago. I was experiencing some uncomfortable pain that pretty much went away but ever since then whenever I pee it hurts me really bad. Usually the pain happens when the pee comes out. Sometimes the pain is kind of lessening and I think it's going to go away. But it always hurts when i pee. I want to know what's the issue behind that. Am i pregnant? What home remedies should i do to remove the pain I'm experiencing.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like cystitis, see your Doctor is the best idea.
  • Posted

First, I hope after you have sex that you go pee. Very important. Second, it could be a UTI(urinary tract infection).  If it is a bacterial infection, you will need to go to a doctor and have your urine tested. The doctor will prescribe an antibiotic to take for 7 or 10 days. After 2 or 3 days you will feel better but PLEASE take the medication for the full length prescribed. If it is a yeast infection, you can treat it with OTC (over the counter) medication, such as Monistat.  You can familiarize yourself with the different symptoms on the computer. The very best advice I can give you is GO TO A Doctor and get the right treatment. The sooner the better.   It will not just go away and it won't get better on its own.

• Posted

Thank you Linda......I couldn't have said it better!,!  All excellent advice!  Please go to the doctor Marsha to rule out UTI and yeast infections....both will need attention as Linda has shared. ....The sooner the better.

wishing you well!

Wendy 

• Posted

Yes, it sounds like a urinary tract infection. You need to drink lots and lots if water to flush the infection out. Go to your doctor who may give you antibiotics. I cannot take antibiotics so I just do the drinking loads of water thing. You can also buy sachets of power that you dissolve in water which help with the pain and create an unfavourable environment for the germs. Cranberry juice helps too, but it must contain no sugar because sugar feeds the bacteria; so you may have to get it from a health food store. You can buy cranberry extract in tablet or powder form. You should really do something about it ASAP because the infection can work it's way upwards and cause a kidney infection which is much more serious and damaging. Of you have blood in you urine that can indicate a kidney infection. Also, you MUST refrain from sex until you are completely better because this will just aggravate it. You need to check the advice online about preventing UTIs so you don't get one again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.