Vaginal pain after prolapse surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

9 weeks since I had laparospic prolapse surgery and I'm in so much pain. If I try to walk about the pain in my vagina gets so excruating I have to lay down with a hot water bottle.

Beginning to think I'm going crazy. I read an article on line about post prolapse surgery Neuropathy and thought this could be my problem

I've ditched the Paracetimol, ibuprofen and oxicodon as they were making me feel horrible. I managed to see a GP who was willing to listen to my idea that the pain is coming from the traumatised nerves and she had prescribed amatriptyline to try and stop the messages to my brain. Have taken for 2 nights now and am feeling a bit better now. Have to double the dose after 4 days. Hopefully this will be the answer to my problem.

Anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, my pudendal nerve was damaged during prolapse surgery, it’s the nerve that spreads out all over that area.

Im on gabapentin for nerve pain and have started taking Nortriptyline, very similar to amitriptyline. Is helping slightly, not a lot.

• Posted

Be optimistic and it will get better.

My rectocele surgery was done twice.

After the second one I ended up having a couple of other serious and painful conditions in my pelvic area.

Stuff happens it's not fun and it can be scary and upsetting. Trust me. I know. Take a holistic approach to recover your health because doctors and pharmaceuticals can only do so much. I wish you abundant health and happiness dear. It will be okay.

• Posted

Hi Margarete, since my rectocele repair, I have had issues with the muscles of the pelvic floor spasming. It irritates the nerves and causes all kinds of strange pains and burning sensations in the saddle area. There is physical therapy for this. Also, I've found that deep breathing and a few slow, gentle yoga poses help relax things--it's uncomfortable, but it helps. As it was explained to me, the muscles and nerves run through each other like threads in a plaid shirt, and they're all connected. After a big trauma, if one is irritated, it affects the others. You could look up child's pose and try doing it for  a couple of minutes a few times a day to see if that helps relieve the nerve pain--it may not help, but it couldn't hurt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.