Vaginal pain right side

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi all. I am in the UK.  I was diagnosed with lichen sclerosis a few yrs back after seeing gp then a gynae referral I was diagnosed and told to use dermovate as need strong steroid cream  and cream alternate days gradually lessening it .I haven't seen anyone since then and have just been left to ask for more cream from my GP if needed .it hasn't been that bad since and my GP said that it was not showing any signs of it when I was examined few yrs back . tho the inside minor labia have disappeared . it's a horrible thing to have . two yrs ago I had feeling there was a rough area to the right inside my vagina .I saw gp after a while who said it looked like nappy rash but could be my lichen sclerosis .she wouldn't prescribe dermovate and gave me a milder cream .the inside patch hasn't really been painful until about a week ago   my first thought was that it was thrush .itchy sore and inflamed round my pelvic area . I saw gp this week who took one look and said it looked ulcerated and she was going to refer me back to hospital to get them check on it .and she would be mentioning cancer in her letter but I wasn't to worry . she was erring on the side of caution   the appointment has come through and tho I try not to worry . I know she may be just playing it safe .but now I am looking at LS and how it might develop into cancer .or maybe it's cancer from a primary site . and all sorts of things are going through my head   so all this is worrying me now   it may be nothing .  guess I won't know til get this app over  . I feel for the younger people on here suffering this condition . I had never heard of it before . thanks for any replies.    

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Janine

You don't say how old you are, but though I wasn't diagnosed until I'd gone through the menopause (a long story of incompetence and ignorance), when I still had periods I used to get sores from using sanitary towels. Just putting that in in case it's relevant. I Always used a popular brand as they were cheap and easily available, but they are very chemical-ridden and plastic. I'd use something more natural if I was in that situation again.

Bridge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.