Vaginal pain with Lichen?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with LS about 5 years ago. I have flare-ups about once a year that last only a few days usually. I use Clobe during flareups.

Usually it's just soreness right back to the anal area.. but this time I'm experiencing what feels more like pain than soreness. Also I'm having a few sharp jabs of pain in vagina now and then. I wondered if anyone has had that. Tonight I jumped when the sharp pain shot through the area.

Thanks,

Carol

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thing and i put it down to the LS.

it is like a knife is being shoved vaginally into you.

it comes and goes. it is like it is saying.. still here ..!

• Posted

Carol, I don't really know. I would say, however, that if you've had LS for 5 yrs and something is different, it is not a bad idea to at least ask your doc...just to be sure it isn't something else completely. It may be the LS, and even if others have the same kinds of symptoms, it could be something different. But, that's just me.

• Posted

Oh for sure I understand. It's better to see a doctor in any case. It's just me too lol. I'm never truly comfortable until I see a doctor. Then I just hope for the best😊

Thankyou

• Posted

Of course, as I read this, I think...that sounds like something I've had for YEARS...I think since my hysterectomy. Never had an explanation for it...I did have it looked into...they had all kinds of ideas, nothing ever found, but now, with the benefit of hindsight, I wonder, was it the first hint of LS?

• Posted

It's very possible Pamela that it was. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. But yes, I think it more than likely was the first hint of LS.

I always say that everything is relative in the medical world. I also suffer from Gerd or Acid Reflux disease I mostly call it and if I even have a sore toe I chalk it up to AR. There's always a connection🤔

You're right about my stabs of pain that it could be something else because in 5 years it's basically a new symptom which seems odd after 5 years.

• Posted

sorry I meant to say Snappycat

• Posted

HI CAROL.YOU SAY YOU ONLY USE CLOB MAYB ONCE A YR, WOW IM IMPRESSED. DOES THAT MEAN U ONLY MOISTERISE. I STOPPED USING DERMAVATE & USED BORAX,IT WAS MUCH KINDER FOR ME

• Posted

Hi Pat,

No I didn't moisturize. Yes I'm lucky to have it only flare up rarely. The clobe works very well on me too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.