Vaginal ph of 5

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just tested my vaginal ph, and I got a 5. Isn't that bad in terms of vaginal ph? 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

normal range is 3.8-4.5 anything can higher can be indicative of an infection. I've been looking for testing strips. What kind do you use?

• Posted

I got mine on Amazon. They have a lot of options if you search vaginal ph test kit.
  • Posted

You know what, I believe I may be coming down with a yeast infection. I just finished my antibiotics. I've been eating yogurts, taking jarrow d., and drinking kefir. Could I have been overdoing things? Could it come back after I treat the yeast?  I just pretty much take clean fingers, and a ph test strip then collect the fluid. I have those hydrion strips. 

• Posted

I think I may be coming down with a yeast infection. Has anyone ever come down with a yeast infection after taking antibiotics? I've been also eating yogurts, and drinking kefir, and taking probiotics..could I be over doing it?

• Posted

I ordered the ph strips from Walmart. I read somewhere that you can just use clean fingers, and a test strip to test. 
  • Posted

Yes. Yeast infections are very common after taking antibiotics 
  • Posted

Five could still be fine, my tests are always 6-7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.