Vaginal problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first thought I had herpes(even though I didn't have any lesions because sharp pain was a symptom. However, I have a weakened immune system because of lupus and my doctor told me I would never be one of those people who would show no signs. Which makes since. I scratched my self on my foot next thing I know my whole foot was swollen) but test after test has shown I don't have any STDS. This has been going on since Oct I believe. So basically this has been going on for 8 months. And it all started after I had a horrible reaction to Amoxicillin. I don't understand what's going on and same with my doctor. A urologist told me I just have muscle problems in my vagina and that I need to do Kegel exercises.rolleyes

So then why does it burn sometimes? Why am I always feeling pins and needles? Could it possibly be nerve damage? Sometimes it gets so bad I can't sit down.

I've gone to multiple doctors because of this I have a feeling some of them don't believe me.

I'm putting this in here because I don't where else to put my comment.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure where you would post but you should find out from your primary care doctor who to see. Myself I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet from taking harvoni for hepatitis c. I had to go to many doctors before I found one that believed me and had a Mri done on me as well as many blood test done

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your input. I won't give up until I found a doctor that will take me seriously. I actually didn't go to my primary doctor for this I went to be OBGYN, a urologist, and just went to the emergence clinic so I could get my test results back faster. My primary doctor takes a week to get results back while the clinic takes 3 days. However, maybe she can direct me to someone. I think I will put this in the vulvodynia thread !

• Posted

My doctor never gets back to me, I have to either ask him or go online to the hospital and get the results
    • Posted

I thought I had vulvodynia for a while but then I realised it was due to my periods because my discomfort occured only during my cycle, especially during ovulation.
  • Posted

Find a pelvic floor physio - they deal with this all the time.  Vulvodynia, vestibulitis, pelvic floor myalgia etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.