Vaginal prolapse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a prolapsed Uterus and I am waiting for a consultation.

in the meantime, can I excercise or is it dangerous?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

just avoid core exercises and anything that puts pressure on your pelvic floor. No running squats lunges etc. Have been in your position had surgery and this is what the consultant told me

Good luck Sylvia x

• Posted

hi Julie thank you for replying. its taken a while to find a decent site.

i suppose its common sense really but im finding it hard to stay fit.

thanks again. i hope you are doing well after surgery

• Edited

hi SYLVIA, sorry to hear you're having problems. I'm not a doctor ( i am a retired nurse who has had problems with prolapse myself so my response is based on being a patient not a professional). ANY high impact exercise like running, jogging, star jumping during aerobics for example will make your condition worse so is not recommended. you could still do gentle exercise such as swimming or cycling and i would recommend you do pelvic floor exercises at least 3 times a day (10 reps for each cycle). try to avoid undue crouching/ bending or standing for too long too.

I've had previous prolapse repair 3 yrs ago then a hysterectomy 6months ago as first surgery failed....and I'm still having problems so good luck with resolving yours.

• Posted

Hi Shirley

thank you for replying. i guess its common sense really but some sites go on about losing weight and excercising so much im getting paranoid!

sorry to hear you are still not doing so well? it must be very frustrating after so much intervention. i suppose ive got all that ahead of me.

i am also disadvantaged because ive had 2 major ops for pagets disease of the vulva. So my pelvic floor is compromised anyway.

however, ill try my best.

thanks again and I hope you start to feel a bit better or get some good treatment

best wishes

sylvia

• Posted

Hi Sylvia & Shirley, Very complete response, just wanted to add...no bearing down or straining(if you have constipation, seek a solution for that) also, NO lifting of any kind...stick to no more than 5lbs!! The pelvic floor exercises should be specifically KEGEL exercises & done correctly(it may take a bit to get it right, do them laying down, until you get it right...you don't want it to be like straining/bearing down)...Good Luck & Best Wishes to you both, hope there are solutions to this, I am awaiting a consult for bladder prolapse(probably surgical) so I feel for you both!!!💒🎶🌈♾🐾🍀☮

• Posted

hi SYLVIA sorry that you have underlying problems too. Hopefully your treatment will be successful, I've just been very unlucky i think and under normal circumstances i would have been seen and probably more sorted by now if it wasn't for the lockdown situation. its very frustrating isnt it. good luck for your future. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.