Vaginal prolapse bladder repair with episiotomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

It will be 4 weeks Dec 22nd since I had the surgery.  Everything going well, scant bleeding until yesterday when there was bright red blood on panty liner.  Stitches disolved during the week.  Could it be that causing the bleeding? It stings on one side  I resumed taking the 80 mg. aspirin after I came home from hospital, wonder if that increased the bleeding?   Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Terri. I would definitely stop taking the aspirin as it could well cause bleeding. Are you taking it for pain relief or for another medical reason? 
    • Posted

I don't have any cardiac problems.  I'm 75 years old and have been taking it that it might prevent strokes.
    • Posted

It is only a very small dose but it's probably worth stopping it and see if the bleeding settles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.