Vaginal rectocele surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

Gutted !!! Had vaginal rectocele a year ago .... and found out today I have another rectocele, so the operation was obviously a failure, I new something was wrong as feeling pressure feelings and bladder and bowel problems all back again ... so waiting to see a gyno and will obviously need more surgery .. my doctor could see the bowel collapse on examination .... just can’t believe after all I went through with my surgery last year !!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Denylady, mine failed after around six weeks, but not going for another repair.

Knowing more about the repair act now, I can manage things a lot bettter. Plus the first one is always the best, stengthwise, so not going through it to have another failure.

Mine was two and a half years ago.

• Posted

The trouble is Laura it’s so uncomfortable and it’s affecting my bladder and feels continuously heavy down there ... I really don’t want to go through this again but can’t stand the pressure feeling x
  • Posted

Oh I am so sorry to hear this!  I just had mine repaired last month.  I sure hope it lasts longer than a year!  I had a cystocele as well so I had both taken care of.  Did the doc give you an idea of why it failed? 
    • Posted

Hi Jessica no I’m waiting to see the gyno then I will ask these question ... I have been so careful about heavy stuff so don’t understand x
    • Posted

Hi love

There is no way of telling t he reason why it failed.

It can be a number of this like ti ssdu e strength,surgeons technique,too much lifting,high impact exercise or just one of those things.

My anterior failed 3 weeks after in 2016 and had It redone with tvh this January with a new surgeon.

It really i s awful what we have to go through but at least it's not a serious illness. I keep telling myself that.

I may need my back wall done but it's only a grade 1 so not bad really. Doing pelvic floor everyday is a must Love x

• Posted

Hiya. Me too! Mine never really felt much different after repair in December and gradually worsening but cant bear thought of having it all done again. Was asymptomatic for cystocele before op but now get urges to wee especially when do kegels! Anyone else found pelvic floor exercises irritated their bladder? If you dont mind me asking, how old are you Denylady? I'm 58 and menopsausal and have read that pelvic floor is more difficult to tone compared to pre-menopause. Have decided to report my body to powers that be and demand a new one - it clearly has a design fault!! On the plus side, in the stone age we'd probably have been dead by now so every day is a bonus despite our malfunctioning bodies. Hope you find some more effective treatment xx

• Posted

hi hun im 55 and had anterior and posterior repairs operation was 15 weeks ago and stil having a few propblems  but everyday is a bonus i suppose . feel like one side hasnt healed properly and awaiting a follow up appointment if i ever get one . im scared it has not worked . but read your post and well did have a wee giggle at the clearly a design fault really made me smile is nice to see someone who still is able to laugh about it all big hugs from me xxx
  • Posted

Hey there I just had my cystocele and rectocele sergery 3days ago. I’m home today it fill better 
  • Posted

Hi Denylady

I really understand how you are feeling. 

I am 66 and have had 3 triple reconstructions. If you had the intervention of forceps you may be like many women who have torn pelvic floor muscles . There is apparently no surgery for this as yet.  If you have this avulsion it seems no cysto recto entero or tvt is going to be supported so the heavy drag and needing to be horizontal remains. I gave it my best shot with another round of surgery in February but the avulsion fails to give this area the support it requires. 

Have a  4D ultrasound  lying down and standing to get the best assessment of what your internal issues.

Get as much info as you can and see a urogynae not just a gynae.

Use your energy to do your research but you are not alone with this one.

Good thoughts go your way

Pata

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.