Vaginal rectocele surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

Gutted !!! Had vaginal rectocele a year ago .... and found out today I have another rectocele, so the operation was obviously a failure, I new something was wrong as feeling pressure feelings and bladder and bowel problems all back again ... so waiting to see a gyno and will obviously need more surgery .. my doctor could see the bowel collapse on examination .... just can’t believe after all I went through with my surgery last year !!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Denylady, mine failed after around six weeks, but not going for another repair.

Knowing more about the repair act now, I can manage things a lot bettter. Plus the first one is always the best, stengthwise, so not going through it to have another failure.

Mine was two and a half years ago.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The trouble is Laura it’s so uncomfortable and it’s affecting my bladder and feels continuously heavy down there ... I really don’t want to go through this again but can’t stand the pressure feeling x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh I am so sorry to hear this!  I just had mine repaired last month.  I sure hope it lasts longer than a year!  I had a cystocele as well so I had both taken care of.  Did the doc give you an idea of why it failed? 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi love

There is no way of telling t he reason why it failed.

It can be a number of this like ti ssdu e strength,surgeons technique,too much lifting,high impact exercise or just one of those things.

My anterior failed 3 weeks after in 2016 and had It redone with tvh this January with a new surgeon.

It really i s awful what we have to go through but at least it's not a serious illness. I keep telling myself that.

I may need my back wall done but it's only a grade 1 so not bad really. Doing pelvic floor everyday is a must Love x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up