Vaginal soreness and burning can this get better?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a swab and no infection. Tried many creams but in a great deal of discomfort. Can anyone help please?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lynne

Just to let you know that you are not alone. I have had the same problem for over a year and have been back and forth to the doctors. I was told to use the normal creams, Canestan, Vagisil and Lanacane but they didn't touch the problem. This has been ruining my life and that is exactly what I told a new

doctor. She was lovely and told me to use a gel called Balance Activ. I have used it for a week and my god what a difference. It is used for Bacterial Vaginosis but is also recommended for vaginal soreness/itching. Give it a go.

• Posted

Thanks Minnow so pleased to get your reply.
  • Posted

I have the same problem and have had for 4 yrs look up on Lichen sclerosis and see if this makes sense to what you have, I was treated for thrush for so many yrs and have now found I have Vulva Intra Epithelial Neoplasia ( VIN ) which is not common so often mistaken for thrush, hope this will help x good luck
  • Posted

Hi Debs

Thanks for giving me the above information. I will look this up as soon as I am finished typing this :-)

• Posted

It could be an yeast infection
  • Posted

Thanks for your imput Katboss07. I looked into what Debz55 said and decided to approach the doctor yet

again. After our discussion she examined me and said she agreed with Debz it was Lichen Sclerosis. I

was devastated to have to use steroid creams for the rest of my life but there are things that could be worse

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.