Vaginal strep

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone had experience with vaginal strep please?

Any tips and coping strategies.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Y.      Never heard of this ,this is a first for me and I've probs for 12 yrs now . Interested if anything comes up on it . Strep throats yes but not this . 

• Posted

I had it back in October, 2 rounds of antibiotics. Symptoms are back waiting on test results. Frustrating!
    • Posted

Kim, when you had your strep in October did your doctor tell you to stay away from your husband?  
    • Posted

I was on clindamycin and because of that she said to avoid intercourse.

This time I have not started an antibiotic, not sure what I am going to do. Are you on antibiotics?

• Posted

Hi Kim, no I’m trying to avoid antibiotics.  The garlic inserted once every few days for about 12 hours or overnight has really helped with the soreness.  I’m also taking a garlic supplement, I’m hoping very much that this will be the answer.  I’ve not been back to the doc but wonder if I should.  
    • Posted

My doc doesn't want to see me back unless my symptoms do not improve. I might try the garlic.

• Posted

Thanks for your replies.  I understand that we all have strep ‘down there’ same as we do in our throats but it is not a problem, just sometimes it flares up.  I read that garlic is a good treatment, even inserting a freshly cut piece!
  • Posted

Hi I have never heard of this condition. Please keep us posted . I have heard of painful sex, burning, soreness, fatigue , hot sweats, libido , failure to sleep, insomnia, general feeling of being unwell but this is new please keep us advised.
  • Posted

HI again girls, well a piece of garlic inserted vaginally definitely helped but its not exactly ideal - phew garlic!  Anyway, needs must.  I kept it in for 24 hours and it did help.  I’ve started taking garlic tablets as they are nature’s antibiotic and are antibacterial etc, should help,

I’m not keen to take antibiotics from the doc, especially if the symptoms come back as for you Kim.  Have you had your test results back yet Kim?

I have been using Evorel cream for dryness and I wonder if I have become sensitive to it.    When I use it now it stings.  Anyone else use this?

Thanks

• Posted

Good to hear people resorting to anti viral anti fungal forgot the last one, anti bacterial? Not sure however, how refreshing, natural methods I take garlic every day , and have been taking things which have an Oestrogenic effect, trying to mimic the diet in Asia who have less occurrence of bc and prostate cancer and trying to take Oestrogen naturally, but feel pessimistic due to reoccurrence of symptoms however on a positive side no symptoms for 4 months
    • Posted

Hi, can I ask how you take oestrogen naturally?  

I’m not doing that and maybe I should be!

• Posted

Dors anyone experience a bladder pressure with some urgency?
    • Posted

Hi some people take phytoestrogens in tablet form or make sure their diet contains plenty of Soya, flaxseeds, etc not sure what the recommended daily amount is .
  • Posted

Sorry, should ready Estriol Cream.
  • Posted

My results came back positive for strep a and e coli, the same organisms I had the first time. I am looking for a natural approach, might try oil of oregano.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.