Vaginal tear during sex

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I’m 25 and been with only one sexual partner (my boyfriend) for almost 6 years. Starting September of last year I noticed that sex caused the opening of my vagina to tear! It would bleed for about 3-5 minutes then stop but I was a little sore for the next few days and took about 2 weeks to heal.

Since then, every time we have sex it happens! We don’t even have crazy sex it’s either missionary or me on top.

We only have sex 1x a month now...

luckily our relationship is strong and doesn’t revolve around sex but it sucks!!

I went to planned parenthood to get it checked out since the doctor for my insurance is always to busy or out town and can’t refer me to anyone else..

they tested me for herpes specifically.

I came back a month later since it happened again and the doctor

There said she had no idea and I was negative for herpes and other STDs they tested for me.

I then stopped using body wash with scents, stopped wearing underwear, stopped wearing leggings as much and even switched my birth control which was the pill that I was on for 6 years to nuva ring.

So now I’m 1.5 months in on Nuva ring, we had sex a few days ago and it happened again BUT this time the blood was 100x less but same thing, sore for The first few days and a tear, now I’m waiting for it to heal.

I know it takes 3 months for a new birth control to get settled into your system, so I’m hoping that helps !

Does anyone else have this issue? Or know of any creams to help heal it?

I’m also S T I L L Trying to get in with my dr or another gyno but no luck...

Thank you!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi that must be really scary to think you cannot get to see a physician when you need to, I'm always glad I live uk and although for minor ailments I could wait a week for this I think you should be seen sooner.

The cause of this could be for many reasons and yes one could be your birth control causing hormonal fluctuations possibly making the skin round the vagina become thinner , could simply be lack of lubrication, have you tried anything to help like KY or another gel.

Do you have any skin conditions?

It's brilliant that you both love each other enough for this not to add undue pressure to your relationship

I hope you can find a way to clear this up

• Posted

its honestly so annoying 😦 america is a mess lol

we do use lube and it does seem to help but the issue is the skin wont stretch i think, one DR at PPH said birth control could be the issue as well but its super rare and i remember thinking "ok maybe i just have a rare case then!" lmao im hoping thats the reason.. ill find out soon.

thank you for taking the time to reply!

• Posted

Maybe for the time being it would be better to abstain and let it heal completely and see what the Dr's say, I would be slightly worried that it being split repeatedly could cause damage that would leave it permanently damaged and also the risk of infection could increase the more time's its split.

Is it possible that you may need a small op to expand the entrance

• Posted

I finally got an approved referall to see a real gyno ! a little late since my insurance expires in a few days 😦 but im going to pay out of pocket if i need too, im over it!

if i need a surgery because of thin skin caused by birth control ill be so upset!!!

ill give updates!

• Posted

I'm glad you are able to see someone and get a definitive answer, it's definitely needed as them passing it off is no good for you or your partner.

Yes be nice to hear the outcome, I'm sure it will be sorted now x

• Posted

@ AlexandriaGizmo, I know men in UK waiting over a year to a surgery that I can have done in less than a month.

• Posted

oh hell yeah it does !!!

no one will even answer at this new place they referred me too.

i make decent money so a new insurance, which would still be considered crap, will cost $300+ with a $60 copay! its ridiculous !

• Posted

Depends on what the surgery is, if it's life threatening or routine because anything cosmetic is now considered a personal choice.

You can get any op in UK fast if you pay privately

• Posted

use lubes. I often tear and more recently I tore again and I'm hoping it's just the tear but I'm scared it might be something else. that's another issue but maybe try using lube and reapplying it if you get dry.

• Posted

is it your perineum skin that tears? thats where it tears with me. im glad im not the only one suffering but it sucks.. My insurance sucks and wont get me in with a gyno im going to continue to use lube and just take it slow until i can get in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.