Vaginal Yeast Infection

Posted , 9 users are following.

Happy new year people

I am seeking for advices regarding my girlfriend's problem.

She has had a vaginal yeast infection for almost 5 years and she somehow managed to live with it. But for my sake, and of course mainly for her own health she is trying to get rid of it.

The reason that she never tried to get over with the problem was that she was too embarresed over the issue and once or twice she talked to doctors and they never treated her properly and she was disapointed and gave up.

What she thinks is that the problem might be caused by both physical and mental reasons.

One of the doctors suggested to do some stretchings to help the problem go away if it is cause by a contracted muscle. She also wants to start a diet soon but I was thinking to share the problem here and ask if anybody has a solution for it? any personal experiences, or any friends whom you might know of?

I know the info I provided is not enough but if it is needed I can ask her.

The main problem is that the intecourse is painful for her and it hast to be really careful, gentle and slow until the pain stops. The other problem is that she only can have pleasure in one position and she doesnt feel much if the position is changed and that affects her so much and I can feel her pain and how much she sufferes and is embarrased because of this.

I appreciate any kinda help.

Thanks

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's unlikely that her yeast infections are due to a contracted muscle; yeast infections result from an imbalance in the vaginal flora.  The discomfort she's experiencing during sex is a result of the infection itself -- a yeast infection will dry and irritate the vaginal tissue and can even cause light bleeding when the plagues are removed/scraped off the vaginal walls.  She should refrain from sex until she is treated (usually a full 7 days from the start of treatment) as you could inadvertently be making the issue worse; minimally, it gives her body the time it needs to heal.

Diet can contribute to yeast infections; specifically alcohol, sugars, carbs and if she's diabetic this will only make things worse.  Antibiotics as well as certain sex acts (oral sex) and her birth control pill can also be a culprit.  I never had yeast infections until I started the pill and after several years of trying to find the right one, I finally gave up and the yeast infections went away after several months of stopping.  

She needs to take Fluconazole as prescribed in order for her yeast infection to clear.  Yeast can be extremely stubborn and it will come back in full force if she stops her medicine prematurely.  If she's taking the medicine as directed and her yeast infection is returning; she needs to inform her doctor so they can adjust her medication or rule out other possible issues (ie: diabetes or secondary infections...)

Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Rez,  you mentioned pain and I wondered whether anyone has mentioned Pelvic Inflammatory Disease [PID]?  

There is this leaflet on Patient UK

https://patient.info/health/pelvic-inflammatory-disease-leaflet

And regarding the Fluconazole,  I believe there is a 'one off' product available over the counter in the UK  [I know you're in Denmark] and it is a tablet containing 150mg of Fluconazole.    I think every Medical Practitioner I have spoken to, has said that the preferred dose, is 50mg daily for at least 2 weeks.  If your girlfriend is taking the one-off drug, then perhaps that is one reason why it doesn't work.

• Posted

I used to get it but I don't now because I take Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Myrrh, but either on their own will do. Plain probiotic yoghurt is good too, and can even be applied topically if it gets unbearable.
  • Posted

Rez,

Let me just share something you may not have heard of. I know this because I have this problem and it's new. At least the last couple of years. I've never been a big milk drinker but started to crave it really bad for some reason. I started drinking one to two classes a day until the craving went away but at the same time I developed a yeast infection. It went away when I stopped drinking milk. Ever since that incident, whenever I consume dairy products, milk, cottage cheese, icecream, etc, I get a yeast infection. I researched the problem on line and it is actually common and caused by my body not being able to break down the bacteria in dairy properly. It goes away as soon as I stop the dairy. 

Also you both should be treated when you do seek treatment. You can be passing it back and forth.

Yeast infections are a common complaint, your girlfriend should not be embarrassed and should be checked by a gynecologist to make sure it's nothing more serious. They also have over the counter medication for that problem.

Good Luck,

Kathee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.