Vaginal Yeast Infection, discharge, cuts

Posted , 12 users are following.

imageIve been having some soreness, itching and burning around my vagina and on the general vulva region. I've also been feeling really really dry down there. Today I also noticed white thick clumpy discharge which I'm pretty sure is a yeast infection. I also noticed cuts near my labia. Could this be because of the yeast infection or is it something else? Could it be herpes? I did engage in some rough sexual activity (only fingers and dildo) recently so could be be a friction burn? Attaching photos! Thank you so much.

PS I get vaginal yeast infections over and over. I usually treat it with local application of coconut oil and it resolves on it's own. Any tips?

imageimage

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Edited

since you have yeast often you can have an overgrowth of a certain fungus that naturally lives in the vagina, you should talk to a doc about that.

and the cuts (and also tears) is from sexual activity and dryness in a combo, add some lubricant while having your fun time

• Posted

Hello, thank you so much for your reply!

I'm usually not so dry. I've only been dry for a few days never happened before. I'm unfortunately not in a position to visit my doctor right now. but the infection does seem to be getting better!

I read somewhere online that hsv 2 can also look like paper cuts which really got me worried. I've been meaning go get tested and hopefully I will he able to soon!

• Posted

ive had these theyre usually yeast infections, hsv2 would take minimum 4 days to heal.

• Posted

its been four to five days since the cuts appeared. there is a chance that i might have been exposed to hsv 1 or 2 or both at some point. Just hoping for the best 🤞

Thanks!

Alex

• Posted

what do you mean there is a chance? somebody has it that you slept with ?

• Posted

Someone I slept with also had some abnormal itching and burning. Neither of us have had a chance to get tested so we don't know for sure

• Posted

i still say it could be thrush they could also have thrush symptoms. herpes can be in paper cut form but i have had these exact ones in bad cases of thrush, it doesnt seem ypical of herpes altho its possible. have u had aches, sore throat or legs, temperature etc? a first outbreak os usually the worst and accompanied with these symptoms and would feel painful. r the cuts painful to touch?

• Posted

Oh, okay. I have had some very mild aches in my thighs but I also started exercising recently. Maybe a bit of a sore throat too but thats probably because of the weather here everyone is catching colds. It is painful to touch but not too bad. its very very itchy and burns when I pee. Its much better today though.

• Posted

The itching and pain was much worse two to three days back. I wasn't able to sleep properly even. Today the cuts look like theyve healed more too and less itching. Im really dry down there though which is unusual for me

• Posted

the cuts could be from the dryness tho. its good that its healing. have u booked a drs appointment ?

• Posted

Yes, the cuts are much better now. I'm still having itching near the vagina. My doctor is out due to covid right now 😦 and there's a strict lockdown here too

• Posted

i think it is a yeast infection herpes woudlnt heal that quickly

• Posted

hello did you get a diagnosis? I have also found a tiny paper cut. No other symptoms.

• Edited

i also experienced dryness, but lots of discharge- sometimes odorless but sometimes smelled very much like yeast. also have noticed many cuts like this down there. being tested for hsv2 in a few weeks, did you ever get a diagnoses?

• Posted

yea positive for hsv 1- in blood, neg for hsv2. waiting on swab test to come back.

• Edited

it is good that hsv2 negative. if u had to pick either, hsv1 would be much preferred (touch wood). i wish u luck and i hope it clears up soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.