VAGISIL

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,  i havent been on for some weeks as i havent felt the need to.  I have had my appointment with the allergy clinic but sods law at time of appointment my eyes/face were fine however i had my photos.  I was given the all clear with the allergy testing and lupus test which was great.  I have however been reffered to dermatology now so just waiting for a appointment.  However i dont want to temp fate but..........since the end of august my face has been the best if has been all year the only thing i can think that has truly helped this is optive eyedrops for the dryness and vagisil wash which i wash my face in twice a day it has the benzethonium chloride which is in the wet ones but it is so much easier to use.  PLEASE humour me and give this a try VAGISIL from boots or superdrugs or a independent chemist.  Let me know how you get on.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Tammy. I will be in Boots tomorrow. Do 

ou mean wash with a facecloth or splash it on face and eyes. Need instruction please. I and lots of others really appreciate your very welcomed imput. Do you also use the wet ones as well?

• Posted

Hi Mary 

No i dont use the wet ones as i couldnt find the correct ones.  I read on here i think ages ago about the ingredient being in vagisil wash so i bought some i was at a desperate time as i looked a mess, and was willing to give anything a try.  Since using this i havent had any flare ups maybe its coincidence but ............give it a go.  All i do is pour some in my hand and scrub my face and eyes (whilst shut) no flannel i just use my hands. I do this twice a day. let me know how you get on?

• Posted

Hi Tammy

I use the optive eye drops as well and find they are good

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi, Tammy,

can you confirm please. Vagisil is specially for hygiene in female parts down below, yes! Boots were reluctant to sell it to me, for my eyes. Are we talking about the same thing. Don't want to aggravate my eyes. I know you understand. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Mary

I've got it and just lifted it from a shelf in Boots....and payed for it LOL

But I got it for different reasons......nothing to do with bleph.  LOL

I'm trying other things for that

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Eileen . So you are saying you have never used Vagisil on your eyes,!!!
    • Posted

Morning Mary

Yes thats right......bought it for the purpose it says on the tube and never thought of using it on my eyes......dont think I would be overly happy!!!

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Sorry Eileen. Mixed you up with Tammy, who actually washes her face with Vagisil . Need her reply, so will wait in anticipation . Thanks for your imput. X
    • Posted

Hi Mary

Thats OK.......I'll be interested to find out as well  LOL

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Mary,  i know it isn't intended to be used as a face wash but it has the same ingredient in it as the wet ones have.  I was at a desperate stage and was trying anything but fingers crossed since using this as of mid/late august my face/eyes would appear to be ok. Hope this helps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.