Valerie Preteceille

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a reverse polarity shoulder replacement two weeks ago and it went well. An hour ago I tripped on the bottom stair and fell on that shoulder. I haven’t experienced any unusual pain since but should I be worried? If dislocation occurred would I not have felt it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh wow! Keep an eye on things, and if you continue with any pain, or notice any other things, call your doctor. You have to be very careful! I pray you didn't do any harm to your shoulder! Please keep us informed. Have a bless day!

• Posted

Thank you .Its been 8 hours now and no sign of swelling or pain. In fact I’ve exercised it as well so it looks like I had a lucky escape
    • Posted

I am glad you may have survived this mishap without apparent damage. - PHEW!! I keep hearing from people how 'fragile' shoulder surgery is, but it can't be SO delicate that the likes of a sneeze or cough could rip it apart?!? Plus as complicated as a shoulder is, it still is encased within an entire body structure which may have been what 'absorbed' the impact of you fall in such a manner as to cushion your shoulder? It would still be a good idea to have your doctor exam your shoulder in case there is something needed to be (re)done. BEST wishes.

• Posted

Sounds good. Stay the course and monitor. Call if you have pain. Have you started it yet?
  • Posted

I'm really glad you're feeling better; praise the Lord! Maybe you should just call your doctir anyway tomorrow just to be on the safe side! You might not have pain now, but could experience some later behind that fall. Let your doctor know what happen so that it's on record, or maybe he might have you come in so he can make sure. I know I'm going to have to be careful from now on myself! No breaking up fights or restraining kids anymore! This was my 2nd shoulder surgery and I know anymore trama can cause more damage. I'm getting too old for all this 😊 I have 3 more years to go before I can retire, and I want to be able to finish doing the things I enjoy; working and helping the little ones! Wishing you a complete recovery! God bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.