Valium

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone know if the sleepiness from diazapam eventually goes away? changed from ativan because of headaches, can barely function. anybody?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used to like Valium to help me sleep but it doesn't anymore. So for me it stopped pretty fast for me.. Now i need sleeping meds insteadI hate how Valium makes me feel so i stopped them I felt loopy.Don't like Xanax either. Don't want to be stuck getting off them I already have to take pain meds and sleeping meds that are addicting too. I don't need a 3rd one to get off of.

• Posted

I used to be on Ativan years ago and i liked it but againAddicting. But better than Valium for me., I don't know of any med that made me feel calm besides Ativan.I'd love to know one because i could use it.

• Posted

All of the drugs are addictive and they won't work for you after a while unless you increase the dose and that leads you down a slippery slope.

Some people are affected by diazapam others are not so much - I guess it depends on your dosage. Most people use diazapam to taper from because it has a long half life - that's why I have experience with it - I wanted off these dangerous drugs and Im nearly 8 years free - it was the most difficult thing that I have ever done. I urge you to look up Benzodiazepines on YouTube and listen to the misery that these drugs cause. There are loads of healthier options that you can take rather than risking your health for good.

• Posted

I totally agree. Benzos are now only allowed to be prescribed for 2 to 4 weeks and even then only in very extreme cases.

• Posted

Sorry but that's not true about taking Benzos like diazepam are only allowed for 4 weeks maximum as I'm now 60 and been on them since I was 11yrs of age so that's nearly 50yrs and I had a full sporting life playing both rugby and football when career was over at 35 I took to jogging for 10yrs, The last 15yrs I've been mountain cycling 22 miles 3 times a week, if weather to bad I'm down the gym on x-trainer other apparatus for 2hrs then steam room 20 mins and finished, I was out on Valium at 11, at 20yrs of age Ativan, then at 36yrs of age lorazepam until they changed me again at 52yrs of age to Diazepam 30mg a day for anxiety&depression to which I will be on for the rest of my life along with now Mirtazapine 45mg 1 tablet at night, I was only prescribed anti depression tablets from age 48 Prozac which changed 2yrs ago to Mirtazapine which started at15mg then 30mg and last 6 months 45mg which are life long as two acquaintances I know on long term Diazepam so they don't stop or taper with everyone that's my personal point and others I know.

• Posted

• said that NOW benzos are only allowed to be prescribed for between 2 to 3 weeks.* Benzos are dangerous for evidence pls google and research. Thanks
    • Posted

18 months ago a 30yr old was put on them indefinitely as I know him and it helps him tremendously, so it's not across the board limitations. I have googled it many yrs ago had leaflets no side effects or hindered my life at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.