valtrex for CFS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

Hope you had a nice xmas and new year, i did my best.

Still struggling with my CFS a good 14 months on. Still feels like i am going downhill each month. So has anyone tried Valtrex, specifically has anyone in the UK asked their GP about prescribing it for CFS ? It does seem to have miraculous effects for some people, reading forums and some studies undertaken. Seems well worth a go.

Thanks

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello David,

I was taking Valtrex for over 10 years for HSV2. I was only taking 500 mg a day.

It worked miracles, and during this time, I didn't have any attacks. I even cut this down to 1/2 my 500gm a day, still with no attacks. I thought that maybe I had got rid of the HSV2 or at least was not going to have any more attacks. So I stopped taking them and was about 1 year ago, I started getting very tired easily and was also suffering from sleep apnea. I was thinking that I may be suffering from CFS as my energy levels were very low.

My HSV2 started returning but the attacks was much less severe.

I was worried taking Valtrex for such a long period, so didn't start the Valtrex again. My HSV2 has now started recurring much more often, so I just did a search on Valtrex, and found this site. I had no idea that CFS could possibly be treated with Valtrex.

I have also been getting poor memory also, and now read this may be treated with Valtrex. When I think about it, these problems have only started since I stopped taking Valtrex.

I will see my doctor on Monday so I can start Valtrex again.

I will write again in a few months to let you know if my energy levels improve, but my guess would be the Valtrex was stopping all these symptoms.

I see you wrote on the forum 3 years ago, but wondered how your CFS is and if you tried Valtrex?

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.