value or victimise

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm just going to be brutally honest and say I'm very confused slightly disappointed in the site lately

I'm not sure what has happened here lately but more and more I'm seeing people coming for airport and some people rather that add value or constructive advice they chose to target or victimise the postee is this really how we should be behaving if you don't like a post if not to upset a person why comment on it at all? I don't understand the mentality behind it if not to troll or cause a person in distress more distress is that what the site has come too kicking someone when they are down already and if sobwhat does that say about the kicker or even the society we live in I gotta be honest it's really starting to annoy the hell out of me personally I'm sure we should together stand and not tolerate this and say no it's not ok to try to hurt someone with negative comment yes we don't agree on anything but over the last three days I've seen four personal attacks on people without provocation this is not a screen your dealing with it's not a statistic it's a human being at the end of that message or comment maybe an already very upset human being please for god sake remember that whatbis wrong with some people compassion understanding and advice is why most of us are here I think we need to flush out the troll types and say we will not let you hurt this person we are a community here act like it ffs I'm not on about healthily debate that's to be encouraged I'm on about personal attacks that's really not on and not what we are here to give out or recieve

6 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I hope and pray that I have not contributed to this problem. I try to answer or advise as positively as I am able.

Just these last few weeks I have been tormented by the desperate pleas by posters informing us that they are going to end it all.

I feel at times that if I somehow answer wrongly it may push the person further. I don't want that, but as most of us here are suffering one way or another then caution has to be at the forefront of our replies.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike.

I've just read what you've said..

I think if you are a kind caring person one would think before replying to someone in such a vulnerable state.

If we think we could help or just talk to someone and help them then why not.

I am sure you are careful when posting.

That's all we can do isn't it,

We are all vunrable here!!

It's just being mindful isn't it is guess.

I do worry I've not worded things right as you can't speak to that person in person sometimes it comes out wrong.

I general though if we are speaking

• Posted

Sorry if we are speaking from our hearts and experience that's all we can do.

Vicky

• Posted

Hi there

Great post

I just wanted you say I've not been on here long

I agree we are all on here for our own personal reasons and some stories you find really relatable others you don't.

When we post to someone I like to think people are genuine. That they think before they send it. I know I do.

I have been given wonderful messages made a great friend on here I love this site because we are all here helping one another.

Please people the saying "if you have nothing good to say then don't say it at all. Comes to mind.

We don't know what emotional state someone's in.

I have seen this and it's so unfair.

To the people who've been affected we are not all like that.

To the people who are struggling needing help let's help each other!!!

To the goaders on here please stop this. What are you trying to achieve?

We are all humans we make mistakes but don't go out your way to upset people.

Like what was said before we are a community let's act like one.

Come on guys let's use this site for what it's for hey!! We are here for each other..

• Posted

I joined a few days ago at an unbearable low after codeine withdrawal and was told 'start a new thread'. Then read a few bits and thought i cant read this crap. Deleted account but then rejoined. Were on here for support, advice, understanding. Light in the darkest hours. Or... to offer that light to others Nothing more.

• Posted

Do glad you came back mrsj the majority of people here do infact mean well and I think even though some people seem abrupt I think they just need to realise these are people allowing us to peep into their hearts and souls with their arms outstretched saying help me any one that can consciously say no to a person in that position has no place on this site

Thinking of you mike

• Posted

I 100% agree.

This used to be the most understanding, caring & supportive place. I used to feel so much better after speaking with people on here but now it has completely changed. Sarcastic comments & pushing people further down is the exact opposite of this sites purpose. You're lucky to even get a reply to your post these days, it never used to be like this.

I'm just glad there are still some genuinely lovely people left.

• Posted

I agree completely I haven't seen a lot of negativity but I'm not on here that much I don't believe negativity would help anybody so if anybody is on here to argue I am in agreement with Hakuna Matata just don't comment keep it to yourself we ra very fragile bunch of people being depressed and all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.