Vanessa

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Vanessa,

Just wondered how you are doing cos you haven't posted for a while.

Have you had your scan? I do hope that the outcome was a good one.

Thinking of you,

Ann x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann,

Sorry not to have looked in for a while - Issy had a stomach bug Fri / Sat and then I was pretty wrecked yesterday, though thankfully not actually sick.

I was just looking in to wish you and Rita well as we all three have appointments in the next two days - my scan is tomorrow afternoon, and if I remember rightly Rita sees her Doc tomorrow and then you see your respiratory consultant on Wednesday (think I've got us all in the right order)!

We are certainly keeping the NHS on its toes between us!

I do have a good feeling about tomorrow as I seem to be all back to normal now and feeling about as healthy as one can with copd. I'm hoping once this has been checked out that I will be able to stay away from Doc's for a while - the past eighteen months seem to have been one long string of appointments. I'd like to start concentrating on 'winding down' my home, ready to move to a bungalow. Though I daresay life will suddenly get taken over by Xmas prep pretty soon and before we know it we will find ourselves in 2013.

Anyhow, in the meantime, do take care, and I'll look in tomorrow at least to say how I got on - though I suspect It will be the usual case of having to wait a week or two to see my Doc again before I'm told anything one way or the other.

Love to you all, Vanessa X

• Posted

Ummm ... think I accidentally time traveled a bit too far ahead there! I meant to say 'and before we know it we will find ourselves in 2011', oops! Vanx
  • Posted

Hi all,

Today was a good news day as my scan was fine, so whatever caused the problem it certainly wasn't cancersmile . They still want blood tests etc to see if they can find a cause, but I mean, really, does it matter? it's stopped now and I feel fine, so as far as i'm concerned it was just one of life's little oddities- or I really am growing younger!

Now I just want to hear that Ann and Rita have good outcomes with their appointments this week - then I will have a fine excuse to leave the diet alone and celebrate with a CHOC-FEST and a good movie :wink:

Love to you all, Vanessa XXX

• Posted

Hi all, Just a quick posting for now. I have been in hospital for the past couple of weeks as I ended up with pneumonia etc., Came home yesterday with I.v.antibiotics ( a midline canula) which the D.Ns have to come in twice a day to put a drip through. I really am no better alTHouagh I now have oxygen foR 16 hours a day but I gather its just a matter of time. I am housebound and have great dfficulTy moving around. Sorry TO be a jonah but as GloRia Gaynor says \" I will survive\"Luv to all Carole :D :P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.