Variant angina

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been diagnosed with variant also known as prinzmetal angina. Have been having chest pains that come in cycles and these seem to be very annoying. Usually come at night, wake up from sleep feeling like an elephant is stomping on my chest sometimes. ECGs sometimes seem normal, have had abnormal ones as well. I cant take calcium channel blockers as my BP is low. Anyone with similar problems and with solutions? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm wondering now if that is what I have. I have chest pains that come in cycles and have low blood pressure. I've noticed what I eat can have a big difference in how I feel. I TRY to avoid anything processed. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Posted

Hi all... i am 36. Have been diagnosed with this condition for like 10 years now,1  heart attack 5 years ago. 

stephb22, have you had your condition checked out? For me cold weather, heavy meals and menstrual cycles seem to be my major triggers...

• Posted

I've seen more doctors then I can count. But apparently being a thin 35 yr old female just automatically means I'm healthy. It's so frustrating.

• Posted

Well in my case my initial symptom had some ECG changes that prompted further evaluation. What triggers ur symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.