Varicocele?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,I am just looking for some help as I am struggling mentally .I have had testicle pain in both sides for 7 months,I had an ultrasound 5 months ago and they saw nothing wrong,I had a urologist look at them a couple of weeks ago and once again he didn’t see anything wrong with them but he did not feel them he just looked at them.I have recently spotted that both testicles(usually the left)isn’t smooth and feels like there is a lot of veins covering it.I have looked this up and it came up with a ‘Varicocele’ and I saw some photos of this and my scrotum looks similar but it doesn’t look like this all the time,as sometimes it looks pretty normal.Do you think I could have a Varicocele and the urologist missed it?

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did no-one discuss any of the results? Varicocele would typically effect the left side testicle, but can effect the right, and sometimes both together. It is possible you have this. I personally have a varicocele, left side, showed up in ultrasound and visual inspection (except when I showed urologist). They deamed it of little importance/requirement for surgery. I have little to no pain now, but crippling pain at the time. Maybe three years ago now. If I were you, I'd be asking for the results, and why you have not been informed. I was treated for a mild uti at the same time, perhaps coincidence, I don't know. Happy hunting.

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply,i'm not sure what results you think i should ask for,but the urologist sent me a letter and under the headline 'Diagnosis' he has written 'Bilateral Orchialgia? neurological'

he also said in the letter 'External genitalia normal,both testes,epididymis and cord structures are normal'

but like i said he didnt feel the testicles he just looked at them.I have an over the phone appointment on tuesday with another urologist and then hopefully i can see him in person and have him actually feel them. Also Did you have the choice to get your varicocele removed?

• Posted

I have always just lived with it, no option for removal or surgery of any sort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.