Varicose Vein Laser Surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had the varicose vein laser surgery on both legs in Arpil of this year.  Now, three months later I am still suffering side effects from it.  Most of the time I have  burning sensations on the inside of both legs, and redness.  At times it feels like the tops of my feet are on fire, and my legs always feel stiff and sore.  In the mornings I can barely walk and have to brace myself on things.  My legs do feel stronger then they did before the surgery, but with all these other problems I feel like I went from one set of problems to another.  My doctor said to give it more time, but I feel like something went terribly wrong.  Is this happening to anyone else?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Reading your account of surgery in April makes me realise that I am way off feeling back to pre-op.   I had my surgery 5+ weeks ago having chosen the procedure called Veinfit because i read that patients were back to normal activities "2-3 days" after surgery.  In the event I did not get this procedure do not yet know why, and I have been in constant pain the whole 5 weeks.  Like you my feet, especially in bed, are burning hot preventing me from sleeping.

Sorry this is not the type of reply you would want Lind but I felt the need to say you are not alone.cry

• Posted

Thank you.  I keep waiting to wake up and have them suddenly "healed" but I think it will take even longer than my doctor said.  Hang in there!
    • Posted

Veinfit is the same procedure I had.  This has been a year ago on the 11th and my legs are worse now than before I had the procedure done.  I went in to have spider veins removed, my legs felt fine .  I just did not like the veins on my legs.  My Dr. convinced me that I needed to have this done first.  He showed me an ultra sound with me flexing and unflexing my foot and told me that blood flow was being restricted. Now, I don't think that was true.  He just wanted to do the procedure.  Never had the spider veins removed.  So now I am worse than before. 

• Posted

Im sorry your not having much luck Linda and hope you feel your old self again soon

Please could I ask you what procedure you had and was it taken from your groin all the way down

your leg

thanks

james

• Posted

Yes, it's called Endovenous ablation therapy, and also an injection of sclerosing solution in both legs.  He started on my calf near my ankle, running a catheter and a fiberoptic cable up to my groin injecting a numbing agent.  Then after he pulled the catheter out he destroyed the vein with the tip of the cable as he pulled it out. 
  • Posted

Hi Lind, did you do your laser surgery privatly or on the NHS? Which hospital? Do you mind if I ask the name of your surgeon? Thanks. Lily
    • Posted

Sure.  His name is Dr. Scott Vincent, at the Vincent Vein Center in Grand Junction Colorado.  He's a very good doctor.  I watched the whole procedure on a monitor as it was happening and everything went very smoothly.  Hopefully all these aweful side effects will go away, as he said I just need to give it more time.
  • Posted

I had this surgery in November of last year (2015).  I had to walk on a cane for awhile after having this done.  I followed all the instructions given.  I wore the compression hose as instructed yet, a year later I am still having very bad problems. When I talked with my Doctor about this last year he just shrugged it off, said it would get better.  It has not.  I am having more problems with my legs now than before I had this procedure done.  It is my right leg more than the left. Sometimes, it burns so badly on the inside of my knee near the insertion point of the laser. My legs are really weak now which they were not before.  I really wish I had never had this procedure done.  You are right! I feel worse now than before I had it done.  Actually went in to have spider veins removed and my doctor convinced me that I should have this done first.  I wish I had never listened to him. 
  • Posted

If you have pain from varicose veins, you need to try DermalMD Serum. It really helps in a natural way. I take it and so does my husband and son. I usually take it for about six months and have relief that lasts a long time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.